Chapter 12

There's a corner of your heart for me.
There's a corner of your heart just for me.
I will pack my bags just to stay in the corner of your heart.

Artist: Ingrid Michaelson

Song:Corner of Your Heart

Sage’s Pov.

Blaze walked in front of me and Zac, and went straight to his room, closing the door behind him. I plopped on the couch and Zac into a nearby chair, loosening his tie.

“Why were you jealous? I told you, you had no reason to be. He doesn’t want her.” Zac sighed running a hand through his thick, honey hair.

“Zac honestly, look at Marnie and then look at me. Could you blame me? I mean I know I’m not ugly, but I don’t have sex appeal or the ability to catch Blaze’s eye apparently.”

“So you’re admitting that you want Blaze?” He asked lips curling into a smirk.

“No, that definitely not what I’m admitting. I’m saying if this needs to seem real then I have to be able to at least keep his attention from other girls. It obvious that most of his family prefer Marnie. So it won’t be in the tabloids, I don’t want to be embarrassed.” I replied swinging my arm from the couch, looking upside down at him.

A look of deep thought passed through his face. Though a tad muscular and an obvious blonde, plus the way he joked, made him seem like the stereotype, but Zac definitely had a brain and he knew how to use it. Perhaps he wasn’t as smart as Blaze but he definitely wasn’t dumb.

“You’re going to fall in love with him.” He stated as if it took all that time to think of that.

“Are you serious?” I questioned, “You sat there in deep thought just to say that? Zac stop saying that, this is just a deal and I know that. I won’t fall in love with him. I won’t.” Then I dragged myself off the couch and walked to my room, but before entering I waved a goodnight at Zac, who just lifted his head in a nod. The lazy bum was probably going to sleep there.

I woke up earlier than Blaze, or maybe I didn’t and he was just in his room; and made breakfast. I made us all pancakes. I sat Zac’s in front of him, where I knew he’d be sleeping; on the couch. And I made my way with Blaze’s plate to his door.

I knocked three times and I got no answer, so I opened the door.  A big gust of steam hit me in the face and when I opened my eyes, Blaze was in clear view pulling on his boxers but I still got a good view of his butt. I stood there like a deer in the headlights shock evident on my face. He was unaware of me till he turned around.

“Oh shit! Sage how long were you standing there?” I could see a tinge of pink across the lining of his cheeks.

“I’m so sorry, oh my gosh. I promise I didn’t get to see anything but your butt! Okay well that came out wrong, I didn’t walk in here soon enough to see anything else- that sounds worse. Uhm here I’ll leave this here and I’ll just go!” I squeaked sitting his pancakes on the bedside table and scurrying out of the room.

“What’s wrong with you? You look like you just saw a ghost……. Or Blaze naked?” That infamous smirk slithered on his face and he got up shaking his body in a funny way singing “Innocent Sage-y saw Blaze-y Nake-y” as loudly as he could! He ran around the house singing it and I couldn’t catch him because I was always caught between pieces of furniture.

“You idiot why wouldn’t you tell me he was taking a shower?” I asked through gritted teeth, the most embarrassed I have ever been, and I’ve been in some embarrassing moments.