Chapter 15

Dedicated to GreenWriter because I freaking LOVE Transient Wife and His Lovely Ward. Cassie  and Phillip were just sigh worthy! Those are two great books, the first one is a story like this one, and the other is really adventurous. Those books were definitely favs of mine.

We started this thing ,
Was all thunder and lighting
We had a goal, I know that
We could really go together
Going at forever
A perfect show, I know what

Artist:Erik Hassle

Song: One Big Memory

Sage’s Pov.

Once I retrieved the medicine from the bathroom cabinet I left the room, and went to go get him a glass of water. Once I came out of the room I was immediately bombarded by questions and eyes.

“He’s sick,” I replied shutting them up immediately. A look of concern mixed with not believing came over their faces.

“Oh no, you’re in for it.” Mark smiled, “And for once, we don’t have to be the ones to take care of him.”

I was confused at their happy reactions towards not taking care of Blaze. “Why?” I questioned confused.

“Blaze is like a Two-year old throwing a temper–tantrum for not getting the new doll that she wanted, when he’s sick. He’ll work you to the bone and when he gets sick it gets bad.” Zac explained.

“How bad is his sick?” I asked looking for some sort of balance. He couldn’t be any worse than my brother and my brother’s sick is horrible, because his asthma lowers his immune system.

“He’s like a normal person when he’s sick, but he was hospitalized for it once.” Marked told me, and that was all I needed.

“Then this should be a piece of cake. My brother has bad asthma and is always sick, I’m use to it.” I reached into the fridge pulling out Fiji water. He can’t drink less expensive drinking water? Rich people kill me sometimes. I closed the door and walked back to the room.

“What took you so long?” He complained, grabbing the water from me. I glared at him and gave him the pill tablets.

“A thank you would’ve been better.” I grumbled walking over to him to check his temperature. “Do you have a thermometer somewhere around here?”

“Yeah because I keep them on me at all times just in case, because you never know!”

“I don’t need your sarcasm you- you – you ass!” He looked at me shocked and I was too angry to care that he made an expression; I stomped off to the bathroom to see if he had one in there. He did and when I brought it out I looked over at the bed and saw Blaze with his head back into the trashcan heaving.

I rushed over to his aid quickly, rubbing his back and softly patting. He groaned and laid back setting the trash back on the floor. It reeked and I was probably going to be the one to clean it up. He grabbed the pills and water off the nightstand and drank it down quickly not wasting a drop.

“Alright come on let’s take your temperature,” I told him bending over to his face.

“No, I don’t need that,” he complained turning his head and rolling over to the other side of the bed.

“What are we; six? Blaze let me take your temperature.” I sighed reaching over to him, and he just flipped over avoiding me.

This happen about four more times before I got fed up. I wrestled him down and pent his arms above his head. Of course he’s stronger than me, but he lost all fight once I gained the upper hand. I was now straddling his lower stomach one of my hands holding both of his and my other with thermometer nearing his mouth.