Chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to MillionLaughsAMinute. I freakin LOVED her story Sleeping with the Enemy, Niall(definitely not from 1d) and Evie are soo adorbs together.

I'm on the second page of the category Romance, and the sub genre Humor list! Omg thanks sooo much! But his name is Blaze, lol not Blake. I wanted his name to be close to that, but different, I mean his mom's name is freakin Aurie!

Oh and one more thing. I dont want you to feel as if Sage has to be one particular race. The character list of to the side is just for fun. She can be Black, White, Latino, Asian, African. Any race you imagine her to be.

Dont forget to COMMENT AND VOTE!

And it's good enough to make me wanna fall in love

Hear the sound of your voice
We're screaming, "Why can't we just be friends?"
It's not that easy, but it's half of the fun
To see you throw the first punch now

Artist:Pierce the Veil

Song: First Punch

Blaze’s Pov.

I can’t believe my father sent Marnie and Stacy to crash my vacation, but he was right I was loosening up too much and I needed to focus back on work. Yes, Sage was a distraction, but she was a nice distraction. She tried to make me have fun and I actually liked it. She—whoa no, I don’t catch feelings and I’m definitely not going to catch feelings with a business transaction. She deserves someone who could love her whole heartedly.

Lana being back would definitely help distract Sage from trying to help me, and she would also be a great re-addition to the company here. She’d keep Zac in line at the office and help bring a little more order since Sage can’t come to the office anymore. It was easy to ignore my friends. But Sage, not so much.

My face was buried in my hands, and my father was down my throat about Sage being a distraction. He had no reason to dislike Sage other than her background. I knew it wasn’t because he didn’t think she was good for me, because my parents don’t care. My mother tries, but not hard enough. Honestly I could care less about them though.

When Sage came out of the walk in, she only glanced my way and made her way out of the room. What’s wrong with her? She usually tried to comfort me or try anything to get my mind off of things.

I blinked at the door that Sage has just walked out of and decided that she’d get over whatever was wrong with her. I walked to the bathroom, and took a quick shower, and when I emerged Sage was back in the room, slipping on some shoes.

“Where are you going?” I asked because she usually let me know when she wanted to go somewhere, because I would go with her.

She gave me a bored look and said “I’m going to my mom’s house.” I raised an eyebrow at her response and how she was acting.

“Do you need me to drop you off?” She stood up from the ground and thought for a second.

“No, I’m fine. Don’t you have to work or something? I will just get a ride from Lana or someone.” She replied walking away. I grabbed her arm and stopped her. As girly as it sounds I felt something in my chest, and tingles in my fingers. I looked into her eyes and she stared back into mine like she always did; like she was looking into my soul, as if she could understand me, but I know she couldn’t, no one could.

Life is funny that way. At one moment you could be happy and then the other you could be sad. I don’t mean to be so hard on everything all the time, it’s just I see no point in being happy all the time.