Chapter 4

Everyday is a battle I face

Strange like I live but its what you decided
I give it all and the all ends, Do what you will
With me
And I'll, I smile when you speak
Remember all those times I was hoping for something
And shakin' my head from all that I've done

Artist: Foster the People

Song:I Would Do Anything For You

"Maybe it's just a bad start. Don't let it affect you too much, you never know it just might get better."-Sage

Sage's Pov.

I sighed and trekked up the stairs to my room. Not sharing a room with my little brother was odd. I mean I had my own room before my dad died but it was just odd not having him wake me up in the middle of night because he couldn’t breathe. I knew that Mom would probably go in there and sleep with him but I still wouldn’t feel right.

I got into the huge bed and pushed the abundance of pillows off. I closed my eyes and slept on the softest bed I have ever felt. It was as soft as clouds, as a baby’s cheek, but firm enough to where my back would be perfectly placed.

I woke up to a shirtless male chest in my face and someone reaching over me. I screamed and the person jumped, falling backwards.

"Damn! Sage what the hell are you screaming for?" He asked me actually raising his voice in a yelling manner.

"You yelled at me!" I told him excited. It wasn’t very good that the first emotion I get out of him was anger, but hey I work with what I got.

He looked at me confused, raised an eyebrow and said "Yeah?"

"Well you don’t show any type of emotions, actually your kind of monotone. Well anyway, you actually raised your voice at me!" He stared at me blankly.

"Sage get ready, we're going to work." I looked at the clock and saw that it read 6:00 a.m.

"Blaze are you serious? This is really super early and we just went to sleep 3 hours ago."

"Well this is when I start my business days, now you should be downstairs by 6:40." With those final words he walked out of the room. I rubbed my hand on my face. Who possibly get's up this early? Now that I think about it, Blaze had a very nice body.

I got dressed and went down the staircase to the kitchen; I went into his fridge and pulled out some eggs and batter. I started the coffee pot, and decided since I had the ingredients, I would make Blaze my own special pot of his favorite coffee drink.

Blaze was downstairs and ready with his briefcase at 6:40 on the dot, and I had all the food sat on the table ready for him.

"Blaze I made you breakfast, with your favorite coffee." I told him with a smile. After digging around in his briefcase he finally looked up at me and looked at the spread on the table.

"What is this?" He asked with wide eyes truly shocked.

"I made you breakfast, don’t you usually eat breakfast?" He shook his head no, "Well then eat up. You did say we were on a time schedule." He sat down at the table and we both ate quietly. He didn’t try to make conversation, as usual but I didn’t want to force anything, especially when the silence wasn’t that uncomfortable.

We went outside to the garage and he asked me to pick a car, I picked the dark red Tahoe truck. And we were off to his workplace. We gave the keys to the valet and I looked at the huge building in front me. If was over 60 floors and they were all little branches of the business. I read on the sign in big blue lights 'COLTON INC.' we walked into the building the front office ladies greeting Blaze "Hello Mister Colton." With soft smiles, when their eyes zeroed in on me I could tell they were surveying me wondering why I was here. I walked a little bit closer to Blaze to show that I was with him and not just following him like a stalker.