Chapter 16

Comment and vote

I hate the way your making me act around your friends,
And the way you keep saying you won't let me in.
Now I'm starving for your attention.
While your begging for my affection.

And my habit of crawling in your bed at night,
Is leading you to thinking that this is for life.

Artist: Ghost Town

Song:Voodoo

Sage’s Pov.

“Okay, okay let’s stop picking on my boyfriend.” I laughed wrapping my arms around Blaze’s neck. He seemed to tense up and then relax. It was weird but I didn’t question it, Blaze was not someone who was easy to read or figure out. I won’t lie I sniffed him, and his apple scent mesmerized me. Now that I think about it, I’ve been with Blaze for about two and a half months now. And I still barely answer any of my questions. I was going to get it out of him somehow though.

It was about nine o’clock at night and I knew if Blaze didn’t get to sleep now then he’d be cranky tomorrow. He’s like an infant, without enough sleep they’ll whine and cry; or in his case nag. I got up out of my chair pulling Blaze along with me.

“Well we’re going to go to sleep, because Blaze has to work tomorrow and I have school. So night.” I called out before closing the bedroom door behind us. I turned around to catch Blaze giving me an odd look. I just shrugged it off and headed to the closet to change my clothes. Once I was in my nightclothes, which consisted of a tank top and booty shorts, I made my way over to the bed. I wasn’t trying to seem slutty but this was a particularly hot day in California, I mean worse than usual.

I hopped on to the bed and turned to my side ready to pass out into dreamland, but Blaze was still standing there in deep thought.

“Is everything alright Blaze? Are you feeling sick again,” a slight panic etched onto my voice because I was hoping the sickness wasn’t coming back.

“No, I’m fine. I was just thinking about something.” He replied shaking his head a little, letting his black as night hair ruffle. He pulled off his shirt and all I could do was stare in amazement. His nice tan chest wasn’t over done, but he was still skinny. His abs looked like he didn’t work at them, as if they were there naturally; if that’s possible. Then I remember the scar, the one I saw when my little brother had spent the night. It was one of the questions on my checklist so I thought now would be the best time to ask while he was in a good mood.

“Where’d you get that scar on your back?” I reached out and traced it. He shivered and backed away from my touch. I looked up and he was looking in my eyes debating if he should tell me or not.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” he mumbled getting into the bed all the way and turning on his side, away from me.

I huffed frustrated, “Well I’m tired of you not wanting to talk about anything!” I pushed his back a little, and of course my little weak push did nothing, but he didn’t budge really.

“Sage, we’re not in a real relationship. It doesn’t matter how I got it and you don’t need to know.” He grumbled pulling the cover on his body.

“Yeah you’re right.” I told him sarcastically. I got up from the bed and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going?” He asked, his green eyes staring me down, narrowed.

“Going to talk to someone who actually listens to me” I answered and opened the door.

“Sage come back here,” he growled. I looked back in disbelief; he wasn’t going to control me if that’s what he thought.