27

Yes, you read it right. Rajat was locking the front door of my room and he looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed. Other than his curious eyes as well, his face seemed to be emotionless. That was an expression which I could never read. Finally, he moved from that spot and slowly walked towards me while I got up from that bed and stood in front of him.

I blabbered nervously, "What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be dow..."

He cut me by crashing his lips on mine. My stomach did a million somersaults that I couldn't even breathe. The last time he kissed me, I promised myself that I would slap him if he repeated it.

But I just couldn't. That was what I wanted. I wanted him to be near me. I wanted him to touch me and feel me. And that's what he was doing. He placed his palm on my cheek so that I wouldn't let go of him and he wrapped my waist with the other hand just to be safe.

My hands were trapped in between our chests. But slowly, I slid one hand up to place it on his shoulder. This time, our kiss was not a peck. It was a french kiss. Rajat started tugging and sucking my bottom lip, which felt so good, that I let out a moan involuntarily.

Then suddenly, I came back to my senses and I gently pushed him away from me. Rajat looked puzzled but gradually, he removed his hands from my body and took 2 steps back, to lean against the closet. I wish even I could lean over a wall, because I needed some support. But I didn't want to increase the distance between us, so I just stood there, not knowing what to do.

Rajat looked at his feet, his arms crossed in front of his chest. It looked as if he was thinking something really difficult. Like a math problem.

Why was I thinking about math at that moment?

I cleared my throat and asked in a whisper, "Why did you kiss me?"

Rajat looked at me with disbelief plus tension and replied, "Don't you think that's obvious?"

I shook my head saying no. Because trust me babe, I don't know what your obvious means?

He let out a sigh and said, "I can't. I can't suppress these stupid butterflies I feel in my stomach when I look at you. I don't wanna get married. I'm not sure right now."

I let out a sigh and sat on the edge of the cosy bed. My left side was facing Rajat. He continued, "Thank you so much for singing that song out of all the million other songs out there!"

I narrowed my eyes at him and snapped, "Don't you turn this on me! I was told to sing "a" song by you. If you would have told me to rap, I would have done that too."

I wanted to laugh at my silly joke but I didn't because the atmosphere didn't seem jovial to me.

Rajat chuckled angrily and snapped, "Do you think this is funny? Well let me inform you, that it is not funny! At all!"

I shouted, "Why are you getting angry at me? Why are you blaming me?"

Rajat looked away from me and shouted, "This isn't fair to me!"

He looked at me for my reaction. What did he want me to do? Give him sympathy? I was not cowering down this time.

So I snapped, "That should be my line. What you are doing to me is not fair!"

"What is not fair for you, huh? Let me tell you this. I am getting married tomorrow but I have damn feelings for you!"

I wanted to shout back but then I said calmly, "If you have feelings for me, then fucking tell Meera with your mouth!"

Rajat let out a stressful sigh and said, "I can't. Its too late. All the guests are here and the preparations are done. I can't do it."

So, I shouted, "Then don't kiss me all the time! Stay away from me! You know what? You are using me! Either you choose her or me. If you don't want me, then just stop standing in front of me and accompany her!"