3

It was Gauri's birthday. I called her first thing in the morning and she told me that Harsh had wished her at midnight. So, I was the second person to wish her.

I hate Harsh.

Anyway, after wishing her, I stalked Rajat on Instagram. After a lot of stalking, I found his profile. And man, I was impressed by the pictures he had posted. The latest photo he had uploaded was posted the previous day. It was a selfie. He was smiling as much as he could and he looked super cute in that picture. The caption of the picture was, ' Let's put a smile on that face.'

I saved that picture.

And me, always screwing up as usual, accidentally liked that photo. Now, I had to follow him. And I did.

So, I thought of posting a picture of Gauri and me as it was her birthday. I posted two pictures. One was when we were young and the other one which I posted was clicked recently.

I started getting ready for a  meeting with my manager, Reema. She had called me to talk about something very important and urgent.

When I knocked the door, she yelled, "Come in."

I opened the door and there she was. Sitting on her chair, Reema was typing something on her laptop. She was Gauri's friend. And she was pretty good at her job.

I walked in and sat across the table, right in front of her. She didn't say anything. She looked busy. So, I cleared my throat to let her know my presence in the room. So she asked, "How have you been?"

That sounded so fake. It didn't seem like she really wanted to know. She was never like this. Probably, she was PMSing?

I replied, "I'm good. How are you?"

"I'm fine." She replied bluntly.

After finishing with her typing, she closed her laptop and faced me with her hands on the table. So, I asked, "Is everything okay?"

"I don't think you'll be okay after listening to what I have for you," she said this with a smirk on her face.

I shouted, "Oh come on! Spit it!"

She laughed and said, "I hope you know who Darshan Singh is?"

"Of course I know him. The actor whose film is going to release soon. What about him?"

"His agent called me and said that they are planning a photoshoot for Darshan and they would love to collaborate with you."

I didn't move a muscle. I whispered, "Is this a joke?"

"I've forwarded you the email full of details about the shoot. I knew you wouldn't believe me."

I wanted to cry. I was nervous. Was I really good enough to photograph 'the' Darshan Singh? Reema laughed and she said, "Nik! I'm happy for you. And please don't say no. This will be an opportunity for you to bag similar offers like this."

I pinched myself. It was difficult for me to believe this information. I was not sure whether I could do it. So, I voiced it out, "Reema, I don't think I can do this."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm not good enough. I don't want them to think that I am a mediocre photographer. I-"

"Are you calling yourself mediocre? Are you crazy? Your work is amazing! Fantastic! Take it as a promotion Nik. You have worked so hard and I will cry if you turn down this offer. You won't get such offers everyday."

She was right. They wouldn't have offered me this photoshoot if I weren't good enough.

Reema continued, "Honey, you deserve it. Don't underestimate yourself! I'm in love with your work. You don't even have to prove how awesome you are. Your work speaks more than what you probably try to convey. I'm so happy that you've got an amazing deal with Darshan Singh."