17

As we exited the restaurant, the cold air hit me gently. It made me a little more calm. The weather was pleasant and fresh. The sky was almost getting dark. The road was clear too. As we walked a little away from the restaurant, Karan leaned against the wall of the building while I stood in front of him, looking at the ground.

I heard him laughing. When I looked up, he said, "You are so nervous. Loosen up."

I chuckled and said, "If a hot guy wants to flirt with me, I can't help but be anxious."

Karan thought for a while and asked sheepishly, "Who's the hot guy, by the way?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, "That's so humble of you!"

He laughed lightly and said, "You're hot too. But I guess you're more cute than you're hot."

I blushed and looked up to Karan, "Thanks. So what do you want to talk about?"

He placed his finger on his chin, trying think about something and said confidently, "I think we should introduce ourselves. I'll start."

"Okay."

"I'm Karan. Proudly gay. My parents support my sexuality and my career. They're the best parents I could ever ask for. I'm a software engineer, by the way."

"That's impressive. You have really cool parents."

"Yes I do." He said with pride. He looked at me and asked, "What about you? Tell me about yourself."

I was a little hesitant but I said anyway, "Okay, so. I'm Nikhil. I'm gay but not that open about my sexuality. Recently I told my family and they were shocked. I'm not close to my family, but my cousin sister has been a constant support. And I'm a photographer."

His eyes widened with surprise and he asked with excitement, "Really? A photographer! That's so awesome!"

I smiled and replied, "Thanks. But I didn't know that software engineers could look so hot!"

He had a smirk on his face and he replied jokingly, "Stop judging people by their professions!"

I laughed and nodded my head. Karan stared at me for a while while his laughter was subsiding. I looked at him and asked, "What are you looking at?"

He looked behind me and said, "I was looking at the empty street."

I didn't say anything. He was literally staring at me. Nobody had ever looked at me like that before. I cleared my throat and said, "We're planning to stand here in silence. How nice!"

Karan burst into laughter. He came to know that I was being sarcastic. He then silenced back gradually and asked, "Can you take a picture of me right now?"

I raised my eyebrows and looked at him. He had a small smile on his face. I shrugged casually and said, "No problem."

He looked a little eased out and said, "Actually I want to change my profile picture on Instagram. The picture I have right now is like a year old. And since I have a photographer on board, I should take complete advantage of that."

I chuckled and said, "Fine. Give me your phone."

He took out his mobile from his back pocket and handed it to me. I clicked on the camera button and waited for him to strike a pose. He just leaned on the wall and looked at me with confusion. I chuckled at his innocence and asked, "Are you going to stand there like a wall or pose for the picture?"

He looked at me with fake irritation and whined, "I'm an engineer! What do you expect me to do?"

I nodded my head and said under my breath, "Engineers suck!"