20

As per Rajat's instructions, I came in my night wear along with Bruno to his house that Sunday morning. He had told me to carry the clothes I would be wearing for the date.

So there I was, standing in his bedroom cluelessely. I was nervous for the haircut more than the date. Bruno was lazing around in the living room. Sometimes, he's so lazy...

Rajat had kept everything ready, according to me. He had a cosy chair placed in front of the mirror. A huge portable cabinet full of various tools I couldn't name or understand. He had connected the hair dryer, I suppose that's what its called, to the plug point and he had worn an apron sort of a thing which read, 'Love is in the HAIR'.

I laughed after reading that and stated, "Nice apron."

Rajat looked down at his apron and exclaimed, "Thanks. I love it a lot."

I simply nodded my head. Rajat then asked, "Why don't you just sit down?"

Rajat patted the backrest of the chair. I sat on that chair and God. It was so comfortable! I then looked at myself in front of the mirror and saw Rajat's reflection. He was looking at mine.

We stared at each other for some time, when his phone beeped. Both of us were startled by the interruption. Rajat picked up the phone and mumbled, "Hey... Yes I remember... Look, I'm in a middle of something. I'll call you when I'm free... Ya, I know. Bye."

Rajat slid the phone in his back pocket and laughed nervously while saying, "Let's get started. I don't want you to be late because of me."

I wanted to ask who the caller was, but I kinda felt it was Meera. I don't know. Probably.

Rajat wrapped a white synthetic cloth over me. He leaned on the mirror and stared at me. I couldn't take it. So I shyly said, "Rajat stop!"

He furrowed his eyebrows and said, "What? I was looking at your hair. I was thinking of a style that would suit your body type and your outfit."

Oh! He was staring at my hair. Rajat's eyes widened, as if he remembered something and asked, "What are you wearing?"

I pointed my finger towards my bag that was resting on his bed. He grabbed it and peeked inside the bag. He looked at me with surprise and said, "Wow! That's a good choice. No wonder you're gay."

"Hey! That's got nothing to do with me being gay! I just happen to be good at selecting outfits. That's it!"

Rajat raised his hands in the air in defense and said, "My bad. I heard you."

He then looked at my hair and said, "How much do you want me to cut it?"

I blinked and replied, "I don't want my hair to fall on my face. It should look neat yet cool."

Rajat slowly nodded his head. I could imagine him testing many hairstyles on me in his head. Isn't that what these stylists do?

Rajat bent a little closer to me. His head was at a distance, above me and his hand started ruffling my hair. He scrunched my hair and started examining my curly black overgrown hair.

His touch was so soothing. His palm touched my scalp gently. I was dying to experience this feeling. I looked at him and softly asked, "What are you doing?"

Rajat smiled and said, "I need to check your hair quality too. I'm just doing my job here."

He stopped doing it and backed off. After thinking a little bit more, he suggested, "Okay Nik. I have an idea."

Nik! That sounds so good.

Rajat walked behind me and both of us looked at each other at the refection of the mirror. He settled my hair a little with his hand and said, "You have curly hair. So I'm gonna give a look which looks messy but at the same time, its neat and easily manageable for you. Its called 'Messy Curly Hairstyle'. It will suit well with your face and your outfit."