2

After that day, I went to Gauri's house everyday. That was silly, I know. But I didn't wanna sit at the comfort of my home and be jealous of Gauri.

So, before and after work, I was always around with Gauri at her house. She was really happy. She thought I came there because I loved her. I mean I love her but not so much.

After about 10 days, he came in the evening.

Ting tong. My stomach started churning and I started feeling anxious.

Rajat stood there with his hair tied in a small ponytail and he was wearing casuals. God! Why did he have to look so hot in everything?

He looked at me, surprised. He had a huge grin on his face and he said, "Hi Nikhil. Good to see you."

I smiled. And then screwed it up, "Good to see you too. Well, actually its always good to see you. In fact, great!"

He gave me a confused look and then he turned to Gauri and asked, "Gauri, can you please give me my keys?"

Gauri grabbed the keys which were there in the kitchen and she threw it from there. Rajat caught the keys and thanked her.

He was just leaving when I raised my voice a little, "Wait!"

Both Gauri and Rajat looked at me. When I turned to see what Bruno was doing, he was looking at me too.

I said in a softer tone, "Why are you going home, Rajat? Gauri is gonna make dinner for all of us."

Rajat smiled and looked at Gauri, "Really? That's so sweet of you."

Gauri tried to smile but then she gave me a furious look while I gave her a pleading look. She then agreed to me and I thanked her. We did all of this without any talking and we were good at that.

Gauri said, "Yes. I'm going to make pasta. Do you want to join us?"

"Of course. Thank you so much."

Now, I was jealous again. Gauri was getting all the credit for doing nothing. So, I interrupted, "Actually Rajat, it was my idea. Gauri told me that you were new here, so I thought, we must welcome you here, right Gauri?"

I sounded so desperate. Yuck!

Gauri looked at me and got the hint, "Yeah. It was completely Nikhil's idea. I didn't even think about all of this."

Rajat looked at me with the same smile and said, "Thank you Nikhil. That's very thoughtful of you. You haven't changed that way, huh?"

Now, it was my turn to be confused, "Pardon me?"

"Like, you always used to share everything with me in college. From food, to books and even money. You're really generous."

I blushed. To be honest, I wasn't generous. Only a little. But I was generous with him so that I could let him know that I liked him. Well, all men, except for me, don't pick up hints. What a sad life!

I broke the silence and said, "Or we have another option to save Gauri's ass."

Both of them gave me disgusted looks. Why was I so... Me?

I clarified, "I meant to save my ass, not yours. I mean! Okay I apologize for my use of language."

Gauri laughed. Yeah, she's a kickass sister. She was not angry because I referred to her ass. She was angry because I used that word in front of Rajat.

Looking at her, Rajat tried to smile and he asked sincerely, "What is the other option?"

"We could order food and play some games."