14

I was awakened by the chirping of some birds. I could feel strong sun rays falling on the left side of my body. There was a swift flow of cool breeze, which made my over grown hair fly a little bit.

I opened my eyes to see where I was. I could see a few kids running around and old people talking or reading newspapers. I lifted my head and realized that I was sleeping on my stomach. My face was on the prickly grass. The grass reminded me about last night.

I turned my head to see what Rajat was doing. He was in the same position like he was the night before. His eyebrows were furrowed. I laughed because the expression he was holding on his face looked funny.

I got up and turned my body to sit on the ground. I scratched the back of my head and yawned. I started thinking about last night. It was bad initially but turned out to be good.

I turned my head to see Rajat, who was still sleeping peacefully. He looked really cute. So, I took out my phone and clicked a picture from the angle that looked suitable on him.  The sunlight was partially shining over his beautiful face. His left arm was next to his face and his right arm was resting on his stomach. His head was tilted to his left.

But the eyebrows bothered me. So, I gently placed my fingers and my palm on his forehead and slid my hand down until his nose. His eyebrows relaxed. But his eyes opened slightly.

I quickly took my hand off his face. I tried to look calm and smiled a little. He rubbed his eyes with both his hands and yawned. He then looked at me with confusion and asked, "Was I sleeping?"

That was not I was expecting. I shrugged casually and replied, "Very much."

His eyes widened and he immediately sprinted his back to sit on the grass. I got startled by his actions. But Rajat rubbed his eyes again and asked with confusion, "Was I really sleeping?"

I blinked a few times. What was wrong with him? I replied, "Yes. You were sleeping. Why are you so worried about it?"

He looked around the garden and then placed both his hands on his face. He mumbled from in there, "I was awake till the sunrise. I don't even remember sleeping."

Sunrise! He was awake for a really long time. He removed his hands from his face and asked, "What time is it?"

I checked my phone and replied, "Its going to be 8 now."

I had to leave for work at 12. I had to get Bruno from Rajat's place. I got up from the ground and started dusting all the grass from my torso and my back.

Rajat heard the dusting sounds and started doing the same. He didn't look at me. Was he awake when I tried to adjust his eyebrows? Shit.

We both walked around the garden to exit from the gate. Few old people were looking at us as if we crazy. I don't even blame them.

We got out of the garden and Rajat unlocked the car. I sat on the passenger seat while Rajat sat on the driver's seat. Soon, we hit the road.

Slowly, I could feel my lower back and my butt paining. I realized that the pain was from the fall I had the night before while trying to enter the park.

I turned my face to see Rajat, who looked preoccupied with his own thoughts. He looked stressed. So, I asked, "Rajat, are you okay?"

He nodded his head blankly, his eyes not moving from the road. I didn't push him further. When we reached his house, I felt he wanted to say something but he hesitated.

After we walked inside his house, Bruno was wagging his tail happily and jumped on Rajat. He simply stroked his head and walked in the kitchen.

Was he angry with me? Was he upset about something? He had to talk to me. I stroked Bruno's back and slowly followed Rajat to his kitchen. He was leaning on one of the cabinets with his arms folded over his chest and his head bowing down.