25

Lots of noise, people, dresses, selfies and traditions. That was the only thing I could come up with. There were many wedding halls in the resort I was living at but the hall that Rajat and Meera were given for the Mehendi aka Henna painting ceremony was a little claustrophobic for the huge crowd.

Not to mention, all the overly dressed women, flaunting their looks and dancing to the peppy music to impress other men. I kinda found that cool. There were many old people too, old meaning aunts and uncles age.

But the surprisingly, the millennial generation was the majority. Probably because, Rajat's side only consisted of friends and a few colleagues. Whereas Meera's side was full of, let me guess, all the people she hated as well.

I'm just kidding. I mean, I hope.

While she looked breathtakingly beautiful in her intricatedly designed dress, I was wearing a plain navy blue Kurta and black trousers. She was looking thousand times better than me.

Lucky her and lucky Rajat.

After dinner, Meera and many of her girl friends were chatting amongst themselves while sitting in front of the henna artists to get their hands decorated.

The oldies group were talking amongst themselves about how Meera was a child and now she was getting married. They were busy getting nostalgic.

But mostly all the men from my generation were hanging out in the bar. Except for Rajat, who was hanging out in the bar for some time and then, sitting next to Meera, while all her friends would tease them playfully, grasping all the attention of the guests.

Guess what I was doing? I was sitting all alone in one corner of the hall, glancing at what all the groups were doing. I wanted to check my phone, but it would be rude if someone saw me getting bored in a social gathering. So, yeah. I was trying to be invisible.

Until, a group of 3 young girls, probably 10 years old, were running around the whole hall. There were another group of boys of the same age group as well, but they seemed to be hooked in their cellphones.

Suddenly, I felt someone pat my shoulder twice, bringing me out of my own world. When I turned to see who it was, I mentally gasped. It was Karan.

He had a huge grin on his face. I smiled too. He sat next to me and said, "Hey there. Why are you sitting here all alone?"

I shrugged and replied, "Well, I don't really know anyone here."

Karan chuckled and said, "I'm having a blast here! You should join me too."

I raised my eyebrows curiously and asked, "Are you telling me that you're having fun checking out all the oldies out there? You're a pervert."

Karan laughed and said, "You're kinda right. But I'm not checking out oldies. I'm checking out all the men out here."

I chuckled and said, "Men are such creeps."

"You're a man too. Aren't you?"

I looked at him with disbelief while he started laughing hard on his own joke. So, I replied sarcastically, "I think I'm a guy because I go around telling people that I'm gay."

Karan face palmed playfully and laughed while saying, "You're so quirky."

I bowed my head dramatically and muttered, "My pleasure to be your clown for the evening."

Karan was laughing out loud this time. To be honest, I didn't find my joke so funny, but I laughed when I saw him.

Out of nowhere, Rajat stood in front of us with a small smile on his face. He asked curiously, "What are you guys laughing about?"