26

The day of Sangeet, that is, the musical night was here. Since it was only in the evening, I thought of travelling a bit in Delhi as I had never been there.

But my lazy arse made me sleep on that cosy little bed till the afternoon. I could have slept more, but I heard a knock on my door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes before walking to the door.

When I opened the door, it was Meera. My least favorite person on this planet earth. She had a huge smile on her face, which to be honest, made her look beautiful. She was wearing a plain green top and jeans.

I smiled too and greeted, "Hey. What's up?"

"Hi. I just wanted to check on you. Yesterday, I was too preoccupied down there that I couldn't interact with you. I thought I could meet you during breakfast, but maybe you were a little tired."

I'm always gonna be tired for you. I made a mental note in my brain. I then replied, "Oh its nothing. I can understand. All the wedding preparations, the guests. Its just too much."

Meera's spine relaxed and she complained, "I know. I'm so exhausted. You know, the moment I lay on my bed last night, I was snoring. Can you imagine?"

She started laughing. I laughed too and said, "I don't blame you though. Playing a game against Rajat would be another challenge."

She laughed harder and exclaimed, "Don't get me started on that! It was like baby sitting a kid."

I nodded my head with a huge grin. She didn't seem to be a bitch. At least, she was trying to talk to me. How sweet!

That's when I reminded myself the reason I hated her so much. Before I could think of anything else, Meera said, "Did you meet Karan last night?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. Why was she asking me about Karan? But I answered anyway, "Very much."

"Oh okay." She tried to say it casually.

But I asked, "Why are you asking me about him?"

She sighed uncomfortably and said, "Rajat told me about your date and I kinda thought that things would be awkward between you guys. But I hope everything was fine."

Rajat told about our date to Meera? What the hell! Did he even tell about the kiss we both shared at his apartment?

I smiled and replied, "We both are just friends now. So I guess, things are fine."

"Okay that's great. I'll see you in the evening then?"

"Yes."

She waved and she left. I closed the door behind me and started thinking about the song I would be singing downstairs.

***

The function was supposed to start at 6pm but it actually started an hour later. When the bride and the groom stepped in the hall, with their fingers interlaced, I could not take my eyes of my man.

Rajat was wearing a plain white shirt, with a black tie and a Prussian blue tux and trousers. He looked so sexy in them. Meera was wearing a maroon coloured gown, which looked beautiful on her.

But not as beautiful as Rajat.

As they entered the dais - like platform at the front of the hall, the guests started murmuring amongst themselves that they were going to dance.

And soon, the soft music was played and they started sawying their bodies together. Rajat's hands were glued to Meera's hips and hers were comfortably planted on his shoulders.

I felt like crying that minute. I mean, they did look good together, but I wanted to be Meera. I wish I was Meera.

Soon, Karan stood next to me and said, "You look good."