22

When I entered Rajat's building after my complicated date, I saw a young woman struggling with her suitcase. She was already carrying a handbag, a huge backpack and she held her mobile phone as tightly as she could. There was a step that she had to climb to enter the lift.

As I walked towards the lift, she glanced at me and tried to lift her suitcase. So, I went near her and offered, "Do you mind me helping you?"

She looked at me with a grateful smile and said in a chirpy voice, "I would love that. Thank you so much."

We both lifted her suitcase together and my! That was so heavy! Women can't travel without over - packing!

We both stepped inside the lift. I saw her sweating and she looked exhausted too. So, I asked, "Which floor?"

She became alert and blurted, "5th floor. Thanks."

I pressed the button for the fifth floor, because I had to pick up Bruno from Rajat's place. The door opened and I walked to Rajat's door. That lady struggled a little but she managed to get all her bags and stood next to me.

I asked, "Do you want to go here?"

That lady looked confused but kindly said, "Oh yes!"

I smiled and rang the bell. I was ready to make my point clear that she was stepping in the wrong house. Finally, the door was opened and Rajat stood there with his jaws touching the floor. I'm not exaggerating.

He looked between me and that woman when he finally focused on her. That lady shouted happily, "Surprise!"

She went inside the house and hugged him. Rajat struggled to smile and looked at me with fear. I raised my eyebrows.

Rajat hugged her back and mumbled, "Hey Meera."

What! The! Fuck! Did I help Meera? Out of all the people! What was she doing here? She was supposed to come back a week later.

She stopped hugging him and she looked at me with confusion. Rajat then cleared his throat and said, "Meera, this is Nikhil. Nikhil, this is Meera."

Meera's eyes widened with surprise and she exclaimed, "Oh my God! I didn't know it was you Nikhil."

I simply nodded my head and took notice of her. She was an inch shorter to me but she looked stunning. Her face looked very quirky and bubbly. She looked cute. She was wearing a black top and a pair of dark blue jeans. Her straight hair was left open.

Wow. She looked amazing. No wonder why Rajat chose her over me. There was no competition at all. I had already lost the battle.

Rajat then said, "Nikhil, come inside."

Meera then told Rajat, "You know what Rajat? Nikhil just helped me with my suitcase. So we met downstairs. How cool, right?"

Rajat gave a tight smile and said, "Very cool. But what are you doing here? You said you'll come here in a week."

"Well, I just came here to surprise you. I was missing you so much. So, I thought of coming here."

Rajat gave her a side hug and said, "Nice to meet you. Its been a long time."

Bruno came running to greet me. But soon, he walked near Meera and started sniffing her shoes. Meera started petting Bruno and they both became friends.

I shall disown you Bruno.

Meera asked Rajat with excitement, "Did you buy a dog?"

Rajat pointed towards me and Meera said, "That's great Nikhil. I've heard a lot about you."