7

I got up with a bad migraine. It was the worst type I'd ever experienced. The left side of my body felt numb. I felt so tired to even open my eyes. But I did it anyway.

I scanned my surroundings and saw that Rajat was sleeping on my left side in the last night's position. His mouth was partially open which made him look really cute.

I started recalling all the events that took place last night. Surprisingly, I remembered everything. Like till the end. I felt embarrassed. What if he remembered too?

I moved my shoulder a little bit, which caused Rajat's hand that was resting on my shoulder to slip on my thigh. That made me feel really uncomfortable. So, I moved his hand and placed it on his stomach.

He was sleeping in a weird way. I wanted him to sleep comfortably. So, I patted his waist from the hand that I already had wrapped on his waist. I whispered, "Rajat. Hey, wake up."

He opened his eyes weakly. Then shut it back. He turned his head but by doing that, his head fell on my thigh.

"Ouch," he whispered. He opened his eyes partially and looked at me. I said, "I think you should sleep on your bed for some more time. You still look terrible."

He nodded his head a little and closed his eyes. He wasn't even thinking of waking up. So, I took out my mobile to check the time. It was 1 pm. Shit! I was sleeping for almost 12 long hours. Thank God I didn't have work!

I tried again, "Rajat. Come on. You can sleep on your bed. It'll be more cosy."

He opened his eyes slightly and asked in a whisper, "Aren't we on the bed?"

"Nope."

"Okay. Help me a little."

I gently pushed his back behind so that his body could rest on the sofa. I got up slowly and stretched my body to loosen up all my joints and bones.

"Come on. Get up!"

He raised his hands in the air, gesturing me to help him stand up. I grabbed his hands and pulled him up from the couch. He almost fell on me. But when our skin met, I realized that his body was hot. Hot as in, warm.

I touched his face, forehead and his neck and realized that he had fever. That's why he looked weak. I slowly made him walk to his bed and he fell on the bed on his stomach with such a force, that I thought he'd break it.

"Nik?" It almost went unheard. But I responded, "Yes Rajat."

After a long time he groaned, "I don't feel well."

What was I supposed to say? 'Why did you drink so much?' I couldn't say that, right? He's an adult.

So I kept my hand on his back and asked, "What's going on? Just tell me."

He let out a sigh and said, "My head's killing me, my whole body's aching and my stomach! Its stabbing me."

He turned his body with his face facing my side. The only thing I could say was, "Do you have paracetamol tablets?"

"What's that?"

I face palmed and ordered, "Don't move. I'll get it from Gauri's place, okay?"

He nodded his head. I patted his shoulder twice and walked up to ring Gauri's bell. She opened the door within seconds and said, "Good morning. How was the party?"

I couldn't think straight. So, I snapped, "Gauri. I'm having a hangover and Rajat is worse than me. Can you please hand out a strip of paracetamol tablets?"

She didn't push me further. She went in the kitchen and handed me the medicine. I thanked her and went back to Rajat's apartment. I took a water bottle from his kitchen and got it to the bedroom.