Twelve

Mercury woke up to her body being shaken violently

Mercury woke up to her body being shaken violently. Nick hovered over her, his blue eyes filled with concern as he stared down at the girl beneath him. Blood, Dean, and a dead boy suddenly filled her mind as she began writhering around trying to get off the bed. "Mercury are you okay?"

"I-I-" she begins to feel around her face and arms noticing her skin was still soft and smooth, dry like it was when she left her house. Her hair was still silky in slight waves, not a sight of water insight. Her dress was still hugging her comfortable, the material shining. Her eyes feverishly take in the room around her noticing Violet standing not too far from Nick. The room was still the same plain guest room she had stumbled into, walls crisp clean cream, no body on the floor next to the bed.

But most of all, Dean wasn't there.

"Where is he?"
"Who?"

Mercury slipped on her shoes, fingers shaking slightly and her surroundings becoming a blur. "Dean. Where is he?"

"Deans at home. He hasn't been out... he did ask about you though?"
Nick scratches the back of his head as he watches the girl who was always so calm and collected shaken up. Him and Violet had stumbled into the room, lips locked and hands wandering before spotting a screaming Mercury in a seizure like state. "Mercury..." Violet breathed out quietly still shocked by what had happened, she hadn't seen her best friend like that since the ninth grade. Their eyes met, tears were evident in both eyes with mercury being the first to break contact.

It had all been a dream.

She stared back at the bed which was slightly ruffled from her movement. "Call him."
Nick gulped loudly seeming confused by the demand. "Call him. I need to see him."

She needed to know why he was appearing in her dreams. People didn't just appear in her dreams. She had reached the point where she was unable to differ her dreams from reality. They had merged into each other for she was both awake and asleep. Walking to the bathroom she stared at the mirror trying to decipher what happened. She almost looked the same as she did a few hours ago, the top of her nose was red and tears matted her soft cheeks. Violet explained to her that she went to the kitchen and had drinks, went to the dance floor, and up here.

"Did I take someone up here?"
"Yeah... but apparently you kicked him out."

The white haired girl wanted to scream as she stared at the crippling reflection. She couldn't tell if it was the peak of her insanity returning or the combination of mixing sedatives. Exiting the room without bidding goodbye to the couple she bound down the stairs. She locked eyes with the orange haired boy from earlier who gave her a soft smile which she returned with a blank look.

He was supposed to be dead.

Stepping out of the house and into the lawn a familiar suv pulled up. She wasn't sure if she should even get in. She didn't know how she would face the crazy boy that was on the drivers seat. Taking slow steps she opened the door before quietly sliding in. Dean watched her, bottom lip caught between his teeth as he eyed her shaking hands and tended shoulders. He began driving away from the house onto the quiet suburban streets. "I had a dream..." she began, refusing to make eye contact as she blankly stared out the window.

"You killed someone...And it went all over me- the blood. In my hair...I was just red."

He raised his eyebrow at this, glancing over at her blank emotion he knew there was a storm raging inside her chest. They don't say anything, what was there to say? His fingers drum against the steering wheel in annoyance as the girl next to him lays her head on the window. "We have to make a reroute , I need to pick up something" , she mumbles an incoherent okay and relaxes further into the seat. "The party was shit." She states, he figured it would be. Almost any party Nick went to was shit, truthfully he hated parties. Dean couldn't understand the hype about a house full of loud music with people vomiting everywhere.

"Don't go next time then."
"What am I meant to do? Hang out with you?"

He almost frowned at this, and if he had feelings for the girl it would've helped. But he can't help but chortle at this as he parked the car in front of a shabby house. The bricks were an old rusty red and the stairs of the front porch seemed to be falling apart. He turns to her then, dark locks falling in front of his stormy eyes which brent holes through her. The corner of his pink lips tugged up as he leant forward. For some reason she felt her heart beating wildly, their noses almost touching. He was so close that she could see the faint freckles that were scattered on his face that she didn't notice before. "Well, you're here with me now, aren't you?" He unbuckles his belt and slides out, rounding the car to the house. She knew he was right, she hated that he was right.

She decided then that the reason this boy ravaged her dreams was that he was on her subconscious mind far too often.

Letting out a huff, she unbuckles her seatbelt before following behind him. She didn't ask questions and stoped next to him at the front of the house, "go on then", he nods towards the door. He knew she didn't like knocking and liked to act like she owned the place, they were similar like that. She smirks at him and pushes the door open to be intoxicated by the smell of marijuana. It almost made her dizzy. She feels dean place his hand on the small of her back as they begin walking through. "Yo Dean! Is that you?" Her lips pull into a tight line as they approach the living room. "Max," he nods curtly as a scrawny looking man gets up and attempts to give Dean a bro hug. Dean hated this guy with all his might and he couldn't wait to snap his bones in half. "And who's this fine looking thing!"

Mercury felt repulsed as she stared down the man. He was waiting for her to introduce himself, what an idiot thinking he was important to her have do the introductions. Releasing she wasn't going to say anytning the man smiled showing off his crooked yellow teeth and brushing back his hair that was matted down on his forehead from sweat. "I'm Max." Amusedly Dean watched the exchange, "I know, I'm not deaf you twat" 

Dean liked the spite of fire she had in her. He took this chance to look at her properly,  biting his lip softly as he took note of the outfit she had on. The silk dress did her justice as it cling against each and every curve of her figure, leaving little to the imagination as it was short enough to show the creaminess of her smooth legs.

He couldn't deny it, no one could.
Mercury was Aphrodite.

"Is there something on my face?" She spat at Dean, he didn't realise he had been staring at her for that long. If she was any other girl he would've brought her close, whispered in her ear and had her pressed against the wall, hands wandering and mouth gaping, but she wasn't any other girl. She was Mercury. And she was bat shit crazy and he disliked her.

"No you're just blocking the way" He shoves Mercury to the side harshly before facing Max who couldn't stop ogling. "My money?" Dean cut to the chase watching Max's relaxed form begin to tense up as his hands shook. "Listen man, I-" a hand was clasped around Max's throat harshly slamming him against the wall. "Do you have it?"

The paling of his face made it obvious enough, and he didn't have time for excuses. Dean slammed Max's head harshly back against the wall several times until the mans head lolled forward and blood began oozing. The mans lips closed and opened like a fish as Mercury observed the scene before her. Dean appeared calm although his back muscles flexed and his hair was falling in front of his face.

"I tried so hard to be nice and patient with you."