Nineteen

Mercury sat on the familiar sofa in Dean's living room, both their eyes trained forward on the couple in front of them

Mercury sat on the familiar sofa in Dean's living room, both their eyes trained forward on the couple in front of them. It felt slightly weird for her to see Violet, there was an ache in her chest and she wanted so badly to jump up and run into her arms. But, she didn't want to anger Dean. "I've missed you so much", Violet's voice filled the silence. That was true, she had missed Mercury like the sun missed the moon, they were companions after all. Celestial Mercury fumbled with her fingers and bounced her knee up and down, panic coursing through her chest. She didn't know what to say, and Violet recognised the look straight away.

The earthy toned girl locked eyes with Dean, finding him to be glaring at her intently. Jaw locked ticking with eyes narrowed at her. He looked like he wanted to snap her neck of. Unbeknownst to her- he did want to. "Lets go to a room, just us two." Violet smiled back at her best friend who's lips wobbled slightly not sure which expression to settle on.

Dean watched her stand up, licking his lips softly he admired the way her track pants hung low enough to hug the shape of her hips and the way the black made her hair shine even more. It was essential for her to cool things off with Violet. Dean needed someone to understand and he could see the crazy in her eyes, the crazy no other pair of eyes had resembled to him before. It was like she was stabbing him in the chest with a knife repeatedly and he fucking loved it.

"Violet I don't know if we should really stay friends anymore..." it was hard to say that, it felt weird to say that. In fact it wasn't what she wanted.

They didn't hug and they stood at opposite ends of the room like strangers who didn't want to get too close to eachother. "You can't do that", the fierce girl stood her ground and almost felt angry at the white haired girl in front of her. She knew Mercury didn't like to associate with people a lot- so this being the rare opportunity that she was getting close to someone who wasn't Violet was a situation they both didn't know how to handle.
"Dean is fucked in the head Mercury", their eyes lock as Violet steps towards her linking their hands and pulling her to sit on the floor with her. This is how they should be, in contact not apart. "He's not."

Yes he was. And fuck- she knew he was.

"He's got issues... I only learnt about them recently but it explains a lot. He's got psychotic traits Mercury... he can't care for you either. He disassociates, he's manipulative- and from what I can see he's already taking a toll on you."
The thumping in Mercury's chest could now be heard in her ears and he heard was spinning. This was information that wasn't knew to her- she had seen it up close first hand. Why was it that Violet saying it brought the little sanity she had back to her.

"I don't thin-"
"He's making you leave me!" There was a pause. Neither of the girls had ever heard Violet raise her voice like that. Optimistic radiating Violet- yell? No. Expastedtly she clutched both of her friends hands, "he is unlocking all your demons and you need to put him and them back in the cage Mercury."

Violet stared back at the emotionless eyes that could barely hold eye contact with her. "He has a drug addicted! He literally did Heroine a few months ago and-"
"Nick just got clean off drugs. I don't think you can talk."

Suddenly the bedroom door swung open hitting the wall abruptly, Dean stood looking calm as ever with a soft smile plastered on his lips. He envisioned it in his deluded mind. Raising a gun up he shot Violet's head out, her head smacked against the ground, a deafening hollow sound.

"Dean?" Violet asked him snapping him out of his momental trance. Ignoring her his taller frame walked into the room before landing upon the beauty. His eyes narrow at hers signalling that time was up, legs wobbling she stands allowed her small hands to clutch his forearm as they wordlessly left the room. Nick was passed out on the couch as they walked out the front door. Silently he opens the door to his mustang which they slide into. One hand on the steering and the other on her thigh tracing circles, he starts the car.

"I-I-I did it."
A crooked smile plants it's way into his face as he turns his head to glance at her. "Yeah?" She nods her head eagerly.

He's happy he's happy.
Keep it that way don't fuck it up.

"Good girl..."

Her chest fills with butterflies.

She opens the window and lets the wind kiss her face. The car was cruising through town and Deans hand hadn't moved from her thigh, the grip seemed to get tighter but there was comfort within his big hands clasped around the smoothness of her skin. The car parks in front of a motel and he swivels around in his seat to face her, tucking his finger under her chin to look at her multicoloured eyes.

Exhaling deeply he lets go and opens the car door, she follows in suit. It was a two storey motel just outside of town, it was a well known one of that and was the closest thing to a hotel. "One room thanks." He cut time the chase and slapped a fifty dollar bill on the counter, the lady behind the toll grimaced at the sound but handed him a room key before mumbling to have a good night. Her skin was on fire and her insides were tingling at the thought of them together alone again. Meanwhile Dean wasn't sure whether he wanted to pull her close or push her away. They stumbled into the small room.

It was old and Victorian styles with odd patterns on the wall and a boxed television sat propped in front of the double bed. The young girl allows herself to flop onto the bed sighing contently at finally being able to relax. He throws himself onto the bed on his back and she rolls over to lie on her back. Neither of them say anything and she finds herself rolling onto her side and placing her head on his chest.

And he couldn't help but to think of how lovely this all was. Because she felt like stardust in his arms, and that was the closest thing to heaven he had ever known.

They would never go back to what they once were.