six

Mercury and Dean found themselves uncomfortably sitting next to each other on the sunken couch, with Violet and Nick across from them

Mercury and Dean found themselves uncomfortably sitting next to each other on the sunken couch, with Violet and Nick across from them. After breakfast Dean had decided to take this girl back home with him, maybe it was the warmth of the diner, the ambiguity of the situation or the mysteries that twirled in her kaleidoscope eyes, regardless, he had driven them back to his place. Sitting next to her now he almost regretted it, probably because of his sobriety and that he didn't know how to go about the situation. The situation was enough to sober him up. It almost made him dissociative, almost

"I'm so glad we can all finally hang out again!" Violet claps her hand together in joy, Mercury knew her best friend was happy. Violet truly was, she was hoping Mercury and Dean would become something. It was childish of her to think but they could go on double dates- it could be like Friends. "Yeah last time was great ay, 'snt that 'ight babe?" Mercury and Dean watch in disgust as Violet giggles like a hyena. She hated the way Nick spoke. How he took shortcuts on his words, sentences improper and not a care in the world for it, it wasn't something she was used to. The four of them had barely hung out last time, so Mercury and Dean had no idea what the hell Nick was on about.

Dean narrows his eyes at his friend who was so evidently high. The smell was loud, at least to him it was, and the narrowness of Nick's usual wide open eyes gave it away. Dean had come down from his high and was feeling as grumpy as ever. He clenches and unclenches his fists whilst staring up boredly at the cieling. Fuck he was tired.

"So how come you and-"
"I slept at hers, took her for breakfast and brought her here. Simple."

Mercury narrowed her eyes at this, that was not  what had happened. Violet smiles widely at this, it's like everything she wanted was happening so naturally on its own. As if everything had happened and them meeting was so organic, like the universe was pulling all the strings to make it happen. Dean wanted nothing more but to snip Violet's mouth off, meeting the both of them was a curse. Her optimism was driving him insane. He knew his lie had made Violet happy, and Nick not suspicious of his whereabouts. "Let's go to my room Mercury." He puts on a fake smile and glances at the girl next to him. Violet watches as Dean leans in to whisper in Mercury's ear and raises her eyebrows at Nick.

"You better fucking listen ok." He whispers harshly, he knew this girl was just as stubborn as he was. Mercury plasters on a fake smile and gets up from the couch, only because she didn't want to be in a room with the couple any longer. Swinging her hips she walks down the hall knowing Dean was hot on her heels. She stops abruptly causing Dean to almost bump into her, causing him to place his hands on her to steady himself. At this moment he realised just how small and petite the silver haired girl was, his hands seemed so large against the delicacy of her shoulder. Her skin soft, the kind of skin his hands could wander for ages and he hated it. Reaching his hand over he unlocks the door in front of her and basically shoved her inside before clicking the door behind him.

Mercury didn't have time to properly look around his room because she was slammed back into a wall, green eyes narrowed at her. "You have some explaining to do." She licks her lip staring back at him eyes narrowing, "I have no idea what you're talking about." He knew she would be difficult, she always was and he barely knew this girl. "Okay, so let me start from the beginning because I hate repeating myself." His hands stay on both sides of her head. "You look like shit today." He was right and he knew it. He noticed that the girl who always made sure her appearance was perfect even though she looked good- wasn't looking perfect today. Her hair was messy and put all over the place compared to her usual neat slick ponytail, her smooth skin which she usually showed off her was covered, and the bags under her eyes were evident and visible to him.

"Still don't know what you're talking about."
"Why were you wondering around like a lost puppy last night?"

Those words triggered something inside of them both. The way the dead mans head had rolled back with his forehead gaping, crimson red covering the walls and the stench had just crept its way into their nose.

"Why were you out?"

He didn't answer that.
And she couldn't answer him.
In fact

They wouldn't answer eachother.

He nods his head leaning back and sitting on the edge of his bed. She took this as a chance to look around his room. It was simple and plain with black and white seeming to be the colour scheme, his shelf was stocked with small boxes and a lighter and bong sat on his bedside table.

"I've always wanted to know how to use a gun..." she mumbles out not sure if he'd hear. She wasn't sure if she even wanted him to hear. He doesn't say anything, he didn't know what to say. How to tell her the monsters within him had let him grasp a gun, once or twice. That the metal ring of the trigger tucked under his finger was almost as addictive as the drugs he indulged in. She lays down on his bed and stares at the ceiling. It was bare compared to hers- not a star in sight.

He looks at her then, her small frame barely filling up his bed and she stood out against his white sheets. She looked truly beautiful, so unearthly. And he realised within this moment that there was something really really fucked up about this girl. Just as she made the same conclusion about him.

"I could show you", he pulls out the packet of cigarettes she had bought him the other day, he hadn't taken it out of his pocket. She rolls her head to the side to look at him, she knew exactly what he meant. Wordlessly he flops down and lays down next to her, both of them staring up at the ceiling, the unlit cigarette dangling from his mouth.

"Oh, and Mercury?" His eyes narrow as he looks at her before lighting the cigarette. 

"Yeah?"

"You got me the wrong cigarette packet."