Chapter 23

You two decided to invite Jared and Gen over since Jared kept annoying you about that engagement thing. You suggested to cook dinner and they could come over then. They agreed and there you were, cooking dinner.

Your cooking wasn't that bad, Jensen and the others loved your cooking. You made a salad and some baked chicken, you tried to do like your mom did.

A moment later the door bell ringed and you went to the door, because Jensen was doing something in his office. You opened the door and gave both of them a hug before you gestured them in. You looked at Gen, her baby bump showing and you thought she looked beautiful.

Still there was one point you didn't understand, why did they got married so fast. He always told you she was the love of his life and you understood, the way they were looking at each other, made you 'awww' in your head.

"You guys wanna drink something?" you asked with a smile. "I'd like to have a water, please." Gen smiled politely. You two never got really warm with each other and you didn't know why, she was always so shy around you.

You took out a glass out of the cupboard and filled it with water, giving her a smile which she surprisingly returned. You placed the water at the table in front of her, "Thank you." she said quietly. You looked at Jared and he smiled at you. "Jar you wanna drink something? You didn't answer." "No, I'm good thanks."

"Where's-" just in that moment Jensen entered the kitchen and pecked my cheek. Jensen greeted Gen with a hug and Jared with a bro hug. They talked and you took the salad from the kitchen counter and placed it one the table. You went back into the kitchen and took dishes and cutlery out of the cupboard.

You walked back to the dining table and laid the table, you saw Jensen and Jared gone, probably in his office. "The salad looks amazing." Gen broke the silence and you smiled at her. "Thank you." you said as you put the fork and knife next to the plates.

You looked into the oven and saw that the chicken still needed some time so you took a bottle of wine and a glass for yourself before you sat down in front of Gen. "How are you?" you asked her and she brushed a strand behind her ear.

"I'm good thanks." she said quietly. "How's the baby? You look great by the way." you said with a soft smiles as you poured yourself a glass of wine. She smiled shyly, "The baby is healthy and thank you." "How are you? And how are the wedding plans going?" she added and you thought the talk was forced.

"I'm good thanks and the plans are going good as well, I guess." she laughed slightly. "I'm glad it is. You deserve it." you were dumbfounded by hearing her saying that, but it was nice. "Thank you. But you know what?" she looked at you "You don't have to be so shy or quiet, you're family for so long. Be yourself, all good." you said softly and gave her a soft smile.

"I like you, you're so nice and kind, but still you're so frightened." you frowned and felt a bit hurt. "Frightened?" you asked her with a soft frown. "Yeah, you seem so confidence and you're not scared to say what you think. It's frightens me." she said with a shy smile and you felt kind of relieved.

"I always thought, you don't like me." you said before you took a sip from your wine. She looked at you with a hurt expression, "No, that's not true. I like you since the beginning, you welcomed me with open arms and you were so friendly." she said and you listened to her. "You are a second sister to Jared and I thought maybe one day, we can be that too." she says quietly while fiddling with her fingers.

"Now that we talked about that, we can be more open." you said and smiled at her. "But please don't feel frightened by me. Remember I'm your second sister." you winked playfully and she lets out a laugh, just as the boys came back.

Jared sat next to Gen and Jensen walked behind you, wrapping his arms around your shoulder. You placed a hand above one of his, "When's dinner ready? I'm starving." he asked and pecked your cheek. You looked at your phone and checked the time. "If you let go of me I could go and check." you said and he did.

You stood up from your chair and walked to the oven. You checked the chicken and saw it was ready, so you took out a oven cloth and pulled out the chicken. You walked to the dining table and placed the chicken in front of them. You saw Jensen's and Jared's mouths watering and you suppressed a laugh.

You sat down next to Jensen as he placed a piece of chicken on your plate and Jared did the same for Gen, you smiled at them. You gave Jensen a peck on the cheek as 'thank you' and he nodded with a soft smile. You put some sale on your plate and began to eat.

Gen moaned at the taste and blushed deeply after everyone looked at her, "Sorry." she said and covered her mouth. You, Jensen and Jared looked at each other before you burst out laughing. "I'm glad you like my chicken." you said after the laughter died down.

She smiled shyly and took another bite of it, you all finished your plates. You and Jensen started tidying up the table and bringing all the plates into the kitchen so that you could load them into the dishwasher.

You walked back into the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey for Jensen and Jared and two glasses for them. "Here you go." you said as you placed them in front of them.  They both smiled at you and you sat down next to Jensen again.

You poured yourself another glass of wine and Gen filled her glass with water. You took a sip from your wine and Jensen wrapped an arm around your shoulder, making you lean into him. You placed your left hand on his hand.

"I'm glad you two are finally engaged." Jared said and Jensen took your hand as he admired the ring. "Me too." you and Jensen said in unison. Jared smiled at the two of you as you and Jensen looked into each other's eyes.

You broke eye contact and rested your head on his shoulder looking at Jared and Gen. "So how is all the pregnancy stuff going?" Jensen asked Gen and Jared. Jared wrapped an arm around Gen's waist and rubbed her baby bump, "It's going good. The baby is healthy and Gen is doing good. It's all fine." he said and kissed Gen's temple.

You 'aww'ed at them, you looked up at Jensen and saw him smiling lovingly at you. You gave him a loving smile back and rubbed your left hand along his arm. You looked back at Jared who looked at his watch, "Guys we gotta leave I have classes tomorrow." he said with a weak smile.

"It's a pity." Jensen said and you agreed. "I'm sorry. We would've wanted to stay longer, but classes are at 8am." Jared said as he stood up and Gen following suit. You and Jensen also stood up you attended them to your front door.

"Thanks for dinner, it was amazing, Y/N. Your food always tastes so so good." Gen said as you reached the front door. "Of course and thank you for coming." you said before you hugged her and went to Jared, also giving him a hug.

Jensen said his goodbyes as well and opened the door for them, "I'll see you around then." Jared said and walked hand in hand with Gen out of the door. You smiled at them and closed the door.

You walked back to the dining table, taking you glass and bottle of wine before you walked into the living room. You plopped down on the couch, Jensen following you with his whiskey and he plopped down next to you.

He wrapped his arm around your waist and made you lean into his chest. He rubbed your stomach and you didn't mind. "I know we've talked about that a lot, but I really want to have kids when we're married. I'm imagining you walking around with a cute baby bump and having this glow." he said and you felt your heart flutter at his words, you even blushed.

"I want that too, Jay." you said and pecked his lips.