Chapter 10

1 year later...
You and Jensen were together for one and a half years. This was definitely one of your favourite times, you still thought about Nick, but you knew he was gone.

You stopped wearing the ring he gave you for your engagement and put it into your closet where no one could find it except you.

After you and Jensen went a step further in your relationship, you two decided to move into a new apartment, like a new start. You found one that both of you liked and wasn't far away from work. 10 minutes drive to be exact.

You furnished the apartment the way you liked, it was beautiful, you really felt at home. More than you did before. You two had a grey master bedroom with a really comfy bed and a walk-in-closet, something you really wanted the most.

The living room was open, with a nice balcony where you had a pretty nice view of the city, the balcony was definitely one of your favourite places in your apartment.

You bought a flatscreen, because Jensen wanted it, although you thought you didn't need a big TV like that one. You'd never admit in front of Jensen, but that TV was awesome, so many features.

The sofa was big and as comfy as the bed was, you loved cuddling on it with Jensen, watching movies, enjoying the company of each other, Jensen he made you feel so loved and you wouldn't have complied if he'd asked you.

Although it would be too early, but you two knew each other since 10 years and since you were in a relationship, everything was so perfect.

Work was actually great, you've been promoted you were the chief physician of general medicine, you've worked so hard for that and got the job. You really got some good cash though.

You and Jensen were both chiefs of two different sections, he was the chief of neurology still. He even got the job offer to work as chief physician, but he didn't want to and you didn't understand.

Flashback
"Hey." he said as he came into the apartment and pecked your lips. "Hey." you answered with a smile. "I need to tell you something." he said.
You stopped cutting the vegetables, "Okay?" you got worried.

"I got a job offer as chief physician." you rushed to him and gave him a big kiss. "Oh my god, that's great." "Yeah." he said. "Just yeah? Aren't ya happy about that?" "Not really." you just frowned. "I really don't understand you, why aren't you happy?" "Because if I would take that job, the job I have now would get someone else and I love what I have now."

"But Jensen-" you placed your hands on his arms "-it's the dream of everyone to be the chief physician and I mean you're a really good doctor, you know your job so good. No wonder the asked you." you smiled and pecked his lips.

He smiled weakly at you, "I'm not gonna take that job, I already am the chief physician of neurology. It's already something like being the chief." you smiled. "That's true, but you would be the chief of the whole hospital. You're a good leader, you care about the people who are around you."

"I'm not gonna change my mind about that." he said and you sighed. "Well if it's that what you want."

End of flashback

But that wasn't important anymore, it was a decision he made, which you didn't understand. You were on your way to Los Angeles, because you had an patient there and he wanted you to come there and you did.

You entered the room and greeted the old man, "Hey Mister Smith." you smiled and shook his hand. "I missed you Dr l/n." he said with a smiled. "You shouldn't, I want you to be healthy." you said and looked with a frown at his tomography.