70.

c h r i s t i a n

I can't tell you how many times Nadia and I have made love, but every single time, it's better and better. I truly think she is a fucking angel. I am so lucky to call her mine, I wouldn't want anyone else to be mine, honestly.

It had been nearly two months since Nadia miscarried and I knew how badly she wanted another baby. It killed me to know that I really couldn't do much, I couldn't snap my fingers and give her what she really wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted another baby more than anything. I think Wyatt deserves a sibling and it's only right that we give him one while he's young so he can still bond with them. Life was just unfair to us.

****

When I got home from practice, I didn't hear anything going on in our house, which was odd. Usually Wyatt was watching something on TV or Nadia was listening to music while cleaning. But, it was oddly quiet and I was worried.

"Baby? Wyatt? Where you guys at?" I called out, looking around.

"Bedroom!" Nadia answered and I walked into our bedroom, looking at her, "Hi, baby." She said, walking over and kissed my cheek. "How was practice?"

"It was good, babe. What are you guys doing?" I ask her, looking over at Wyatt who was playing some game on his tablet.

Nadia smiled and shrugged, "Just chilling. I have something to show you, though." She put her hand on my chest before walking over to her dresser, pulling out a little envelope. "Open it."

I look puzzled, taking the envelope anyways. When I open it up, there's a card, and when I open the card, I see a picture of an ultrasound picture.

Wait.

I look at Nadia, then at the picture, then at Nadia again, "Is this? Are you?"

Nadia nodded and smiled big, "I'm pregnant, baby.."

I have the biggest smile on my face as I set the picture down and pick her up, spinning her around. "Baby!!!" I exclaim, "Are you really!?"

She laughs, "Yes, baby! I went this morning and they told me!" She wrapped her arms around me, "I'm really pregnant.." Nadia teared up and I just hugged her tight. I had wanted this for her since she suffered the miscarriage.

"Holy.." I mutter, rubbing her back, "Another little baby.." I say, pulling away from the hug and kissed her, lightly. She put her hands on my cheeks, kissing me back.

As she broke the kiss, she grabbed the picture off of the bed, "They said I'm about two/three weeks, but, we did a blood test instead of a urine test to find out, and I definitely am pregnant. Got a little baby growing in me." Nadia said, wiping under her eyes and looked at me, then looked at the picture. "Our little bean..." She was crying, and I sure hope they were happy tears. She deserved this more than anything. After losing our baby, we thought we weren't going to have another one. This was truly a miracle. A blessing in disguise.

I nodded, "Our little baby." I tell her, kissing her forehead, "Does he know?" I nod towards Wyatt.

Nadia shook her head, "I haven't told him yet. I don't wanna tell anyone until we get past the 'risk' window.." She tells me, sitting down on the bed. "The last thing I wanna do is tell people and then have it happen again.." She looked down at her feet.

I stood in front of her, tilting her chin up, "Hey. Don't even think about that. We're gonna have an amazing, beautiful baby." I move and sit next to her, "Everything is going to be okay.."

Nadia looked at me, tears were welling in her eyes, "You promise..?"

"I promise, beautiful." I reply before kissing her forehead gently. "You and I are gonna get through this, and you're gonna have a beautiful baby, and we're gonna grow from a family of three to a family of four."

"Will you cuddle with me?" Nadia asked, I nodded in response, moving to get under the covers and looked at her, opening my arms for her to crawl into my embrace. I held her close to me, rubbing her back. "I love you, Christian.."

"I love you, babe. So, so much. You are so strong and so brave.." I say to her.

She shows a small smile at me and wraps her arms around me, "I really appreciate you. You've helped me a lot through this." She leaned up and kissed my cheek, moving to peck my lips.

I always wanted to make sure that she was protected and feeling safe. The last thing I wanted was for Nadia to feel like she couldn't feel safe. I couldn't believe she was pregnant, though, that was wild to me.

I continue to rub her back as she cuddles herself as close to me as she could, "I know it was hard for you with losing the baby, and I want to make sure that you're always going to be okay." I tell her, "You're my wife and my best friend, and I have to always make sure you have a smile on your beautiful face."

Nadia smiled at me, nodding. "See? This is why I love you. You are such an amazing person to have in my life. You really know how to make me smile, and make me feel better about myself.." She tells me and I kiss her forehead. "I love you very much."

"I love you!" I reply back, "Always going to be there for you. I promise."