60.

c h r i s t i a n

Something was off about Nadia. After getting back to Milwaukee, I had a week full of games, not getting home until late but I could tell Nadia wasn't feeling well. She passed it off as a stomach bug, which could very well be true, but, I never knew with her. She was unpredictable.

"Daddy, is momma okay?" Wyatt asked me as we sat in the living room watching the Phillies game on TV.

"She just doesn't feel good, bub. She's got a stomach ache.. Why don't you go give her some ginger ale? I'm sure she would love getting that from you." We both got up, going into the kitchen where I poured a small glass of ginger ale, "Be careful carrying it.." I warn him as he holds it with two hands going into the bedroom. I follow behind him just to make sure he doesn't spill.

Nadia looked up from her laptop and smiled, "Hi, handsome." She sat up, looking at Wyatt, "What's this?"

Wyatt smiled, holding out the glass to her, "It's binder ale." He said, trying to say ginger ale. I laugh to myself hearing him say it. "For your tummy, momma.."

"Oh, honey," She said, kissing his head and took the glass. "Thank you so much. Did daddy help you?"

I nod, leaning against the door frame. "Yeah, had to make sure he wouldn't spill." I let out a chuckle, crossing my arms. "We were watching baseball and he asked if you were okay. I thought him bringing you that would be nice."

Nadia kept her cute smile on her lips as she kissed him lightly. "Well, thank you, Wyatt Nathaniel. You are my favorite." She giggled, "You can go watch baseball with daddy, I'm gonna take a nap.." She looked up at me, "If you need anything, just come in."

I nod, going up to her and kissed her lightly, "Okay. If you need anything, you know where to find me. You sure you're okay?" I ask and she just nods.

"Yes, baby. I'm fine, just an upset stomach. Hopefully the nap will help it go away.." She said before pecking my lips and moved to get fully under the covers. I walked out with Wyatt back into the living room and watched baseball until Wyatt passed out on the couch as well, leaving me awake on my own.

****

n a d i a

Trying to figure out how to tell Christian I was pregnant was something I had been stressing over for the last week. I haven't been feeling the greatest, and I just keep passing it off as a stomach bug to him, but I knew the real reason as to why I was so nauseous and dizzy.

We chatted about having kids, and it's not like he doesn't want them, well, at least that I'm aware of. It's all the fact that we're in baseball season, and this is how it was when I was pregnant with Wyatt and I didn't know how to handle it and I didn't know how Christian was going to react. He was already stressed enough from his job, and then me being pregnant on top of that? Only just made it worse for him.

I had napped to hopefully get the nausea out of my system and waking up, I felt much better than before. I stretched out, rubbing my eyes to see it was almost 7PM. Christian had let me sleep basically all day. I sat up in bed, slipping his hoodie over my head and walked into the living room where Christian was sitting on the couch with Wyatt watching more baseball. I never understood how Christian can just sit and watch baseball when he's a baseball player that plays 162 games a year and basically lives the life that the players he's watching live.

I came up from behind the couch and wrapped my arms around Christian's neck, kissing his temple, "Having some daddy/son time?" I ask quietly, causing Christian to jump and look back at me with a smile before he pressed his lips against mine.

"You scared me. But, yeah, Wy and I are just watching the Dodgers game. I had to show him who the MVP enemy is." Christian chuckled, referring to Cody Bellinger, someone that was basically on Christian's path in the MVP race. "Right, Wy? We aren't a fan of him,"

Wyatt nodded, "He icky, momma!" He giggled, continuing to suck his thumb as he laid against Christian's chest.

I just smiled and shook my head, "You're teaching him how to be a poor sport? C'mon, baby."

Christian laughed, shrugging, "He's gotta know his dad is the only MVP around here." He smiled, running his fingers through Wyatt's little curls. He had Christian's little curly hair and I was obsessed, it was crazy how much Wyatt resembled Christian. It was like they were twins.

"But anyways, how are you feeling, babe?" Christian asked me, looking back up at me, "Stomach feeling better?"

I nod, moving to sit next to him and Wyatt, "Yeah. I think the nap was needed, honestly." I laugh quietly, knowing damn well I was lying right to his face. It pained me to do that, but I didn't want to let him know yet...Not now.

"Good, I'm glad you're feeling a little better." He replied, leaning over and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, um.." I paused, biting on my lip, "We have to talk once he goes to bed.." I told him, trying not to look him in the eyes.

Christian looked puzzled, "Okay? You alright?"

I nodded at him, "Yeah, just, something we need to talk about.."

We cuddled for a little while on the couch before Wyatt was fast asleep against Christian's chest. He carefully picked him up, walking into his room and got him all tucked into bed. I walked into the bedroom, patiently awaiting Christian so I could break the news to him.

Christian walked in a couple of minutes later, closing the door behind him, "What's going on?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

I took a deep breath, looking down at my feet as I couldn't bring myself to look Christian in the eye, "I have been lying the last week about how I've been feeling..." I said almost in a mutter.

"What was that?" Christian asked, "Nads, what's going on?" He was concerned, moving to sit next to me and tilted up my chin, "What's wrong?"

I feel the tears spike in my eyes as I blink hard, allowing one to fall down my cheek, "I haven't had the stomach flu the last week, Christian..." I tell him, sniffling and trying to contain myself from sobbing,

"I'm pregnant, C..."