25.

"You're looking like the moonlight in Atlanta."

My hands were shaking. I didn't know how to handle this news, I didn't know how Christian was going to handle it. I held the results in my hand, leaning against the bathroom counter; Pregnant. That word flashed on the test, and I didn't know how I was going to tell Christian, nor did I even want to tell him.

I took a deep breath, grabbing my phone off the counter and called my sister, figuring she would have an idea on what to do.

"Hey, Nads, what's up?" Aspen asked as she answered the phone.

I paused for a second before speaking, "I took two pregnancy tests and they both came back positive...." I closed my eyes, trying to process what I had just told my sister.

"Wait, what!? Nadia, you're not lying, right?" She asked, sounding surprised but panicked. "Nadia, what the fuck? Where's Christian?"

"He...He's at practice. I don't wanna tell him yet...I am scared, Aspen..." I said, tearing up and put the phone on speaker as I ran my hands over my face.

"Just calm down, sis...I'll be over soon, okay? Take deep breaths, it's going to be okay.." She assured me, I nodded in response, taking another deep breath. I hung up the phone a couple moments later and sat on the floor, just holding one of the tests in my hands.

I couldn't believe how this even happened. I knew I was late on my cycle, but I didn't even begin to think that it could mean I was pregnant. I didn't know how he was going to take the news; I didn't know if he was going to be mad, sad, confused, I was nervous to tell him...

Aspen arrived twenty minutes later and knocked on the door. I got up and walked to the front door, opening it and was instantly embraced in Aspen's arms. I hugged her back, laying my head on her shoulder. She rubbed my back, knowing that I was super overwhelmed. "You're okay.." She said quietly.

I looked at my sister, unable to spit something out. "I am petrified to tell Christian..." I said, shaking my head. "W-What if he leaves me..?" I started to panic, my breaths getting shaky and sharp. Aspen grabbed my hands, starting to rub my palms as she knew it was a way to calm me down.

"Let's go sit down.." Aspen walked me to my room and we sat down on the bed and I just couldn't bring myself to face her.

"He's going to be so mad..." I said quietly, looking down at my hands.

"Hey, no he's not, Nads. You just need to figure out how you want to tell him in the most calm way possible.." Aspen explained, I nodded and she tilted my chin up. "He's not going to be mad at you, I promise.."

I looked at Aspen with fear in my eyes; It was a lot for me to take in and understand how it all happened. "I'm just scared, Aspen..."

Aspen nodded, hugging me again. "I know you are.." She rubbed my back, "I'll be here when you tell him, okay?" She reassured me, looking towards my bedroom door as the front door closed shut, meaning Christian was home.

My hands started shaking again as I got up and walked out into the living room and faked a smile at him, "Hi, babe. How was practice?" I asked, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Christian smiles at me and kissed my forehead, "It was good. You okay? Your hands feel shaky..." He looked at me and I stepped back, nodding.

"Yeah, I'm fine..Can I talk to you about something...?" I asked, taking a deep breath.

"Yeah, baby. What's up?" Christian asked as I grabbed his hand and walked him into the bathroom and handed him one of the pregnancy tests. He looked at me then stared at the test for a couple of minutes, silent. My mind and heart were racing a million miles a minute; I didn't know what he was going to say..

"Is this..? Are you...?" He looked at me confused and I nodded.

"I took two tests this morning because I was supposed to start my period two weeks ago and I felt really sick the last couple of days..." I explained to him, looking down at my feet.

Christian tilted up my chin and kissed me. I kissed him back rather confused, but, I assume he was happy. "Baby, this is amazing.." He said, pecking my lips again. "Why are you so nervous?"

"I didn't think you were gonna be happy about it, because the season is still winding down and I know you don't want stressors...." I told him as he wrapped his arms around me. "You aren't mad?"

"Why the hell would I be mad, babe? We're gonna have a baby.." He kissed my head, smiling at me. "Sure my season is winding down, but that gives us the offseason to plan and prepare."

I took a sigh of relief, nodding, "I would've thought you would be mad because I'm pregnant right near the end of the season.." I said, looking up at him.

Christian shook his head, "If anything, its perfect. You and I will have the off-season to prepare and you don't have to worry about me being gone until February for spring training..." He kept his arms around me, rubbing my sides, "I think that you and I are going to be great parents, okay? No need to stress at all." He stated, as I just stayed silent, listening to him.

"I just thought that this would just be another stressor on you and just make you mad at me because I probably will become super needy.." I explained to him, putting my hands on his arms.

"Baby, no. I think that we can be good parents. I think that we can work this out, go through this process together and figure it out!" He said, grabbing my hand and walked out of the bathroom. We walked out hand-in-hand to our bedroom and Christian smiled when he saw Aspen, "Needed your big sister?" He looked at me and I nodded.

Aspen smiled and looked at us, "I'm assuming he took the news great?" She asked, Christian nodded in response. "I'm excited to be an auntie!" She exclaimed, getting up and hugged us both. "Nadia was stressing out so bad, I told her she had nothing to worry about.."

Christian nodded, smiling at Aspen, "That's what I told her. She thought I was going to leave her or something, but I told her this timing is perfect. I think it'll be amazing to have a little mini me or mini Nadia running around the house."

I kissed Christians cheek, my mood instantly changed knowing how happy he was hearing about the news of me being pregnant. I definitely think we were ready for this next step.