38.

"I FOUND A LOVE FOR ME.."

n a d i a .

Engaged. I am engaged to my best friend. Running that word through my mouth was something I never thought I would be saying. Well, not at least for a while, but, it couldn't have happened at a more perfect time. I was in shock, I was happy, I was overwhelmed, I was in love.

To have a nice dinner with Christian was something we did once in a while, so I didn't expect anything out of the ordinary to happen. Once he started getting sappy, I knew something was happening. It didn't hit me until we got home and I just looked at my ring, then just thought about how amazing life's been going and just cried like a baby.

It was such an amazing feeling knowing that I was going to be Nadia Yelich soon. We made a stupid vow when we were younger than we would marry one another if we didn't find someone by a certain age; But, we found each other, right around the age we told one another back then, and things just worked out perfectly. I was extremely lucky to call Christian my best friend and now my fiancé. It wasn't something I really thought of as we grew up; Sure I had the biggest crush on him, but, I never told him, I never let that get ahead of our friendship. Our friendship was something you really didn't see nowadays and I was so thankful for that. I don't think I could imagine my life without him in it.

****
I got Wyatt dressed in a cute little baseball outfit as it was game day for Christian. Unfortunately, Wyatt wouldn't be coming to this game, Aspen had offered to watch him so I figured why not let Wyatt spend some time with his aunty and I go watch my fiancé crush it at his game.

Reaching over to my dresser, I put my engagement ring on, just admiring it as I was still in shock it even happened. I smiled to myself, smiling as I picked up Wyatt in his car seat and walked down to the car. Christian was already at the ballpark due to an early practice, but Wyatt and I had things to do around the house before we left.

After dropping off Wyatt, I made my way to the stadium. Walking in through the athletes and staff entrance and walked towards the clubhouse. As I walked in, I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw it was Christian, "Hey, baby." He said, giving me a kiss. "I was about to call you to see where you were at."

I smiled at him, "Wyatt had a hard time saying bye this morning. Had to calm him down a little. But, I'm here now!"

"Aw, poor guy. He'll be alright." Christian said, grabbing my hand, "Look at that ring! Wonder who put that there." He smiled.

I laughed, blushing a little, "Oh this really cute guy, actually. Think he's like number 22 on the Brewers? I could be wrong..." I said jokingly.

"Sounds like a loser." Christian replied, "Bet he's a lucky guy to have someone beautiful like you.." He pulled me close and kissed me again. I giggled against his lips before kissing him back, softly. "I gotta do a couple of press interviews with news media and whatnot, so I don't know if you wanted to go chill in the lounge and I'll come get you when I'm done? Shouldn't be long.." He said, holding onto my hands.

I shrugged, "Yeah, I'll probably go in there. Go do your thing, superstar." I said before giving him another kiss and walked into the lounge, taking a seat in a beanbag chair as I scrolled through my phone, checking social media. We hadn't announced yet that we were engaged; We were keeping it on the downlow for a little bit then would announce when we felt ready. Our relationship wasn't something that we really publicized. Sure, we posted pictures of one another on Instagram and whatnot, and posted pics from when Wyatt was born, but, I loved the privacy that we have within our relationship. Even with him being a big name in the sports world, I think we keep a good portion of our life private.

Christian walked in about a half hour later, coming up behind me and kissed my head. I turned around and smiled at him, "Hey, superstar." I smiled as he leaned down and gave me a kiss. "How did everything go?"

"Y'know, it was press. Always asking questions, always wanting to know shit." He laughed, sitting next to me. "It was fine." I moved and leaned against him, and he snaked his arm around me. "How are you?" He asked, kissing my cheek.

I shrugged, "I'm good, babe. Just scrolling," I giggled, "People were quick on Twitter to update on what you were saying in your interviews."

"You follow them on social media?" He asked, playing with my hair.

"Yeah, I follow a couple, and they were like updating with what you were saying about your season and whatnot.." I laughed, laying my head on his shoulder. "You're just a hot figure."

"You saying that in a popular way? Or an attractive way?" He asked with a smirk on his lips.

I rolled my eyes, looking at him, "Both, but, only I can say in the attractive way. You're my man." I smiled, kissing his jawline, "My fiance."

Christian smiled when I said 'my fiance'. "My fiance is pretty hot too, if we're talking about who's hot." He laughed and I put my hand on his cheek, kissing him, softly. As I pulled away, I had a smile on my face and I poked his cheek, giggling.

"I love youuu." I told him, grabbing his hand and intertwined our fingers. "I'm so happy.."

"I love you too, Nads. And I'm pretty happy too. I think our relationship is stronger than ever...Especially since Wyatt was born, I think you and I have come together more and are working together as a team, not that we never did, but, I just think that we have a really strong relationship.." Christian said and I nodded in agreement.

"I truly am the happiest I've been in a while," I said, "I know I say that a lot, but I honestly am so happy and I think I'm truly blessed. I have an amazing fiance, a beautiful son, a happy family, good life, good job, everything is great.." Christian cut me off by kissing me again and I just smiled against his lips as I kissed him back. I don't know how I got so lucky with such an amazing person to call mine, but I seriously don't take it for granted.