61.*

c h r i s t i a n .

"I'm pregnant, C..."

My world froze the moment I heard those words. I seriously thought that Nadia just had a nasty stomach bug, but she was actually pregnant again...Another kid....

"Christian?" She looked at me, snapping me out of my daze, "Did you hear what I said?"

I nodded slowly, "You..You're pr-..pregnant..?" I stutter out, looking at her, "When did you find out..?" I didn't know how to react to the news, I genuinely was shocked. This was not something I was expecting.

"Um, I really didn't know how to tell you...Because again, this is just a bad time. This happened with Wyatt and I knew how stressed you were with him, I didn't want you to be stressed during another pregnancy right in baseball season.." Nadia told me, the tears kept falling from her cheeks.

I take a deep breath, nodding to myself. "It definitely took me by surprise, but at the same time, we haven't been using protection. But you said you were on the pill...."

Nadia nodded, "It's not always effective, Christian. This happened with Wyatt too, I think we should've just expected it to happen if we kept doing it like that.." She told me, sniffling, still not looking at me.

"So now what?" I ask, wiping under her eyes.

"What do you mean now what?"

"What do we do now?" I ask her again, "I mean, in like terms of, I don't know, this pregnancy thing, do we tell people? Do we? I don't know what I'm even saying.."

"Do you want another baby, Christian?" She asks me and I just stay silent. Did I?

I didn't know how to reply. I loved being Wyatt's daddy, truly. I wouldn't trade that for the world, and now at this point, I was just stuck with this news being thrown at me. I didn't know how to react, I didn't know how to talk to her, I was just lost.

"Christian. Answer me." Nadia looked at me, "Do you want another baby, or no?"

"I...I don't know.." I answer her, and I knew that wasn't the answer she wanted.

"That's all I needed to hear.." She said before getting up and walked out of the bedroom. I got up, going after her.

"Nads, wait." I say, grabbing her arm to stop her from walking any further.

Nadia looked back at me, the tears really coming down this time, "What, Christian? You said you don't know if you want another kid. Which to me? That just says you don't want another one. I never should've told you, I should've just asked them to perform a fucking abortion there.." Nadia said through choked out sobs.

I shake my head, "Nadia, that's not what I'm saying at all." I say, sternly. "You realize just dropping a pregnancy bomb on me like that doesn't really allow me to process my feelings?" I hated calling her Nadia, I only did that when I was really mad at her and right now, I was upset.

"I need to be able to process everything like you got to. You had a whole week to prepare yourself to tell me. I get five minutes and you're already asking me if I want you to kill the baby. And to answer that? No, I don't want you to get an abortion. I want that kid. That's our baby. We created that child and we're going to give them a beautiful life." I reply, taking another deep breath to keep myself calm.

Nadia nodded, remaining silent. "I'm sorry for freaking out like that..." She said quietly, moving to wrap her arms around me as I pulled her close to me. "I'm just scared..."

I rubbed her back gently, allowing her to cry on my chest, "Baby, we got this. We did it with Wyatt, and now we're experienced! We're gonna be okay.." I reassured her, sighing as she just looked up at me and nodded. "I love you."