51.

n a d i a 

Our honeymoon was truly a dream come true. But with every dream comes a nightmare, or something just to ruin that dream. Christian and I get home to Milwaukee, and he's immediately off to England to go play baseball. He had been invited out to play in a tournament and as happy and proud I was for him, I didn't want him to go. Wyatt hadn't even seen his daddy for more than two days and he was leaving again, only this time, solo.

"I'm gonna miss you, but this is a huge opportunity for you," I say quietly, resting my hands on his cheeks as a smile crept on his lips. 

Christian cups my face, pressing a gentle and loving kiss against my lips. He pulls back, kissing my forehead then pulls me into a hug. We were literally attached at the hip, any time away from each other was truly something that we dreaded. 

"I'll miss you too, babe. But, we can talk everyday, even if I'm six hours ahead of you." Christian replied, and I nodded in agreement.

"Definitely. You're gonna have so much fun, meet new friends, make new memories. Wyatt and I will look forward to the FaceTime calls." I reply, kissing his cheek. 

Christian chuckled, kissing my forehead again, "We will need our alone time on FaceTime too, if you're catching what I'm throwing," He laughed again and I just rolled my eyes.

"Of course, can't go without that," I say with a wink as I laugh and some tears escape my eyes. "I'll see you in two weeks. Have so much fun." 

Christian nodded, kissing me again before he grabbed his backpack, slinging it over his shoulders and grabs my hand, kissing my wedding ring. "I'll see you soon, beautiful."

The tears keep welling up in my eyes and I honestly feel pathetic. It's only two weeks, Nadia, why are you getting so upset? 

He looks over his shoulder and waves back at me and I blow a kiss back at him before I made my way to the airport doors.

Come home with my husband after an amazing honeymoon and duty calls. Guess this is what it's like being married to the MVP.

I get home with Wyatt after picking him up from my sister's place and sighed as I unlocked the door and noticed how quiet it really was. 

My phone rings and one of my good friends Talia's name pops up. I slide to answer and smile, "Well, well, what's miss Talia up to?" 

"I heard from a little birdie that you were home from your honeymoon and that your man was already off to another destination." 

I sigh, setting Wyatt down on the couch as he giggled and grabbed the tablet. "Yup, two weeks in London for baseball."

"You doing okay, though?" She asked me. I didn't know how to honestly answer.

"Yeah, it's only two weeks. We just spent a week and a half together, and we're always together. He needs the time away from me, I'm sure he's sick of me," I laughed, shaking my head as I leaned against the counter in the kitchen. 

Talia laughed over the line, "Well hey, if you need anything, you know where to find me." 

We talk for a little bit before I hang up and looked over at Wyatt. "Well, Wy, what do you wanna do while daddy's gone?" I move and sit next to my adorable son who is concentrated on his games. I grab my phone again to text my husband, knowing he was still on his flight, but I wanted to give him something to smile about.

nadia: 
the house is really quiet without you here
nadia:
but after a week and a half of screaming each other's name, it sure is relaxing ;)

****

Wyatt and I both end up napping before I'm woken up by the ringing noise coming from my laptop and Christian's name pops up next to the call button. I stretch out and smile big before answering the call. 

"Hi, baby." I greet him, a tired smile is on his lips. He's laying in bed with his hood up and he looked like he had just woken up. 

"Hi babygirl, were you sleeping?" 

"I think I can ask you the same question..." I giggled before I nodded, "But yeah, Wyatt and I crashed watching some movies. Itw as a nice wake up call to see your name."

Christian smiled, shaking his head, "I slept on the way here, but just been laying in bed on my laptop watching shit and talking to my family." He replied, yawning as he stretched out. "Where's Wyatt at?"

I moved the laptop, showing Wyatt who was still sound asleep on Christian's side of the bed and I saw Christian flash a toothy smile. 

"He must've been happy to be home." 

I nodded, "Yeah, he just kind of clung to me, and asked where you were, but I told him we can talk to you every day and night before he goes to sleep." I told him, pulling the blankets up and ran my fingers through Wyatt's curls. He looked just like Christian, I was so in love.

Him and I talked for the next couple of hours before I knew Christian was ready to call it a night. 

"Well, I'm gonna let you go and get some rest. You need it and you just text me when you wake up, okay?" Christian nodded, yawning again. 

"Yeah, babe. I love you and I miss you. Tell Wyatt I miss him and love him too." 

"I will, babe. I love you. Sleep well."

I close my laptop and sighed. I hated being away from Christian.