36.

"I WANNA WRITE YOU A SONG, ONE AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU ARE FREE."

n a d i a .

The team was having a little get together to celebrate the new season; Wyatt was going to be with my sister as Christian and I would go have the day for ourselves hanging out with some friends.

It took me forever to decide on an outfit but I finally decided on a navy blue tube top with a pair of high waisted jeans, ripped in the knees. I took a look in the mirror, making sure it looked okay; I usually was one who struggled trying to find an outfit I felt comfortable in. Especially after giving birth. Ever since I had Wyatt, being comfortable in my body has been a struggle, but I am thankful that Christian is such an amazing person and makes me feel beautiful even on days where I feel like absolute garbage.

Christian walked in wearing a black t-shirt with some jeans and did a little glance over my outfit. "My girlfriend is fucking fine." He said and I blushed. "Trying to show me up?" He asked, putting his hands on my hips.

I giggled, shaking my head, "No! I couldn't decide on an outfit. Does this look okay?" I asked, looking up at him.

He nodded, moving his hands to my ass. My cheeks turned a deeper shade of red. "You look so good, baby. Damn, I am lucky..." Christian said and I just smiled, kissing his cheek.

"I haven't worn a tube top or a top like this in a while. Probably since before Wyatt was born.." I told him, wrapping my arms around his neck, "Definitely took a little pep talk to myself for this outfit..."

Christian moved his hands back to my waist, backing me up a little to get a full view of my outfit then looked at me, "You know you're like fucking beautiful, right?" He asked me, "I told you, even after having a baby, your body is banging. It bounced back and you shouldn't feel uncomfortable in your skin. You're a gorgeous girl, seriously, I mean it." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "You've always been gorgeous, even years ago, I was pretty lucky to have you as my best friend.." He said, kissing me softly.

I kissed him back then pulled away, looking in his eyes. "I love you very much...Very fortunate to have you in my life.."

"Words cannot describe how lucky I am to have you.."

***

When we got to the party, Christian held my hand as we walked in, I could tell he was going to be a little possessive over me due to what I was wearing. It did show a little bit more skin than what I usually show around these people. There were some I had never met, who I am assuming were family and friends of the staff. Christian introduced me to some, but, for the most part he was over by Ryan, Mike, and Lorenzo.

"Where's the little man?" Ryan asked.

"With my sister," I told him, "Figured he would have more fun there than here." I laughed, looking at Ryan, then at Christian who still had a hold of my hand.

"You two need to get married already. Join our married men club." Lorenzo said, laughing as he patted Christians back.

Christian shook his head, "Trust me, it's not the first time we've heard it. Heard it all through high school and the first couple months we were out as a public couple..." He laughed, finally letting go of my hand.

"So you two knew each other from high school, or?" Moose asked us.

"We actually grew up together. Went to elementary, middle, and high school. His mom is best friends with my dad so they introduced us, even though Christian is the oldest and I'm the youngest. He couldn't stand Aspen," I told them, laughing, "But him and I clicked and we were inseparable until he went out to Miami.."

"That's awesome, though. So you got to be with him when he got the news?" Ryan asked, "I bet you were nervous as hell, Yeli."

Christian nodded, "Well I didn't know when the scouts were there, but my coach kept telling me to play like they were at every game and I remember sitting in the trainers room at my college and my friend Andrew came in and was like dude coach wants you," He explained,

"So I went in there and was like, what's up? And my coach said pack your shit, you're going to the major league." Christian laughed, wrapping an arm around me, "And now I'm here." He shrugged.

"You never told us that story, that's cool, man!" Ryan said patting Christians back. "And now you two got a little man!"

I smiled, nodding, "Wyatt is definitely Christian's best friend. He always wants to be with Christian." I said, "He's fine with me for a little bit then he's like nope you're not daddy, give me to daddy." I laughed, taking a drink from my cup.

"So are you gonna make him play baseball when he gets older? Or let him choose what he wants?"

"Well, I'm sure Christian wants him to play baseball, I said Wyatt can pick what he wants to do; He's only been exposed to baseball, so we're thinking that's just what he's going to lean towards, but, we won't know for a little bit. At least until he starts talking.." I said to them, looking at Christian who just nodded.

"Would be nice to have another baseball player in the house," Christian laughed, "Nadia understands it, and she's played catch and been in batting cages, but, it's different with that, you know?" He looked at me and then at the guys. "I definitely will support whatever sport he ends up choosing down the road, but, I would love for him to continue the Yelich name in baseball.."

They all nodded, "I definitely see him being a baseball player, I don't think you two would want him to do any other sport, regardless of you guys saying you'll let him do what he wants," Mike laughed, "I was the same way with my boy and he liked baseball."

I wrapped my arms around Christian, leaning my head against him. He put a hand on my back, looking at me, "Did you wanna get going soon?" I looked up at him and nodded.

"We're gonna probably get going, plus, Wyatt is probably missing us and getting fussy with Aspen.." Christian laughed and said bye to all his buds.

We walked to the car, hands intertwined together. "I know we haven't been away from him for a while, but I can't wait to see Wyatt." I told Christian, smiling as we got in the car.

"I know, me too." He chuckled, "I don't know if it's just because he's our first kid? But I miss him really easily." Christian told me as I rested my hand on his thigh as he drove. He grabbed my hand, kissing it lightly.

"Why are you so lovey today?" I asked, smiling.

Christian shrugged, "I dunno, I've been in a loving mood lately, honestly. Just happy with where life is, happy with you, happy that Wyatt is healthy and growing, happy that baseball is starting." He smiled over at me, "Speaking of, we're going out to dinner tomorrow. You and me. Aspen already agreed to watch Wyatt."

I rose an eyebrow, "Oh, really? Where?"

"Can't tell you that, but dress code is dressy." He told me with a little smirk on his lips.

"I'll let you pick my outfit.." I wiggled my eyebrows, giggling.

Christian glanced over at me, "Oh, my pleasure." He said, kissing my hand again.