Chapter 16

*****Ok, so apparently I do have extra time tonight. Thanks for voting and for adding this story! *******

He peeped through the eye-thing and opened it to reveal....

-----------------------------

"What's wrong, Sky?" Liam motioned to my shaking body.

The other boys mumbled in agreement.

"Oh, n-nothing, just kind of-ahh!" I screamed as I ran into the corner.

He was here, but with different colored hair.

I didn't get a lot of time to look at him since I ran and hid behind the counter, but I saw blonde hair. Odd...

Liam and Louis screamed with me. They screamed because I screamed.

Zayn rushed over to me.

"Sky! Don't worry, it's just my friend, Niall!" He tried to cheer me up.

Wait, Niall? Not Matt?

"Wha...?"

"Hi, I'm Niall, nice to meet you, and sorry if I scared you, I didn't mean too" he genuinly smiled.

I was still frightened. Besides his hair, he looked like he could be Matt's brother. They both had the same nose, eye-shape, and smile. Really creepy.

I nodded in response. It was the only thing I could do.

I heard the other boys behind Zayn and Niall whisper stuff to each other. I am 99.99% sure they were talking about me. Perfect.

"Hey, what's all the yelling about?" the 'Harry' boy asked, rubbing his eyes.

It was like almost 11, how could he just be waking up? I mean, don't they have jobs? Oh, that is a good question to ask.

Zayn always asks me questions, but I never ask him any.

"Oh, hi, Niall-oh Zayn, sorry for being nosy, but what do you do as your job. Shouldn't you already be at work? I can leave if you have to go-"

"Sky! Why are you always apologizing?! Oh, um, well, answering your, um, question" he paused to look at the other four boys in the room. Liam and Louis shook their heads and I could see the curly-haired boy's eyes plead. Why were they shaking their heads?

"Oh, I get it, you don't want to tell me, it's fine," I said, looking down at my feet, embarrassed.

Zayn put his arms up in defense, moving them around while he shook his head.

"No no no, we-I mean, I am still in...university....?" he said, sounding unsure of himself.

Fair enough, that sounded reasonable.

"Us too" Liam said. Ok. So, they are probably around eighteent to nineteen then, I thought, doing a little math.

I have to admit, they were all very handsome. Every one of them had their own striking features: Zayn's perfectly sculpted face, 'Harry's' amazing hair...and so on.

"So..." Liam began, "what do you do-I mean-what did you do before you came here?" he tried. I knew he was trying to ask me without me thinking about the kidnap.

I thought. What did I use to do? It feels so long ago going to school and stuff...

"Shit!" I cursed. Again, they all stared at me.

I totally had forgotten about school!

"Is that your favorite word or something, you seem to mention it a lot" Louis laughed.

I glared at him.

"I, I just remembered school, and how much of it I am probably missing...shit"

"Oh, well, you seem smart, I bet you can catch up" Niall told me.

I smiled back at him. How am I supposed to respond to that? Shoot, with all these boys around, it is making me self-conscious and making me doubt myself. I have never talked with boys, how am I supposed to act?

Talking with Zayn alone is much easier...

"What school do you go to? I know some schools in California, I think," Liam asked.

Shoot, thinking time! I don't really want to say 'high school' because I don't think they expect me to be that young. They said I was eighteen, right? College. Ok, Sky, what college do you want to 'go to.' I thought. I have always wanted to go to Stanford, well, why not?

"Stanford" I whispered.

I watched as all five of them thought hard in concentration.

Ha, they didn't know about it, well this will make it a lot easier.

"It's near San Francisco, heard of that?"

With that they all nodded quickly.

"Ok..." cue awkward silence.

"So, Zayn, I came here to say that we have to go to a photo-" he stopped as soon as the other boys flicked their heads in his direction. He slowly proceeded, uneasy now. "to a photography...class, remember?"

They all let out a sigh. Ok, I am not stupid. I know when people try to hide things, and they are obviously hiding something.

"You know what guys? It's obvious"

I noticed all the boys' eyes were wide open in shock, Zayn started to talk but I wasn't done, "it's obvious that you all have something else to do, just let me go, I am causing you a lot of stress I bet. Thank you for letting me stay here," I said as I got up and put my dishes in the dishwasher.

All five of them let out another sigh of relief when I said that.

"Sky, please stop saying sorry, and I know that you have no where to go. Just stay here." Then it looked like a light-bulb clicked in his head.

"Dang it Sky, why didn't you tell me! We should have called your parents so they won't be worried sick about you. Why am I so stupid?! Here, you give them a call" he told me as he took out his IPhone and handed it to me.

Ok, I am so sick of crying in front of him, but now it is even worse since four of his friends are over.

"I-I-my parents," I sniffed, trying to hold back the mountain of tears forming, "he-killed-them,"

That was it. I forgot, did I cry over them? Either way, I am now.

Five boys rush to me as I crumpled to my knees, sobbing in a ball.

Wow, this escalated quickly: one moment I was eating food and talking and the next I was crying over my dead parents.

"Zayn, this has gone too far, we need to call 999" I could barely hear through all the-

"It's alright"

"Don't cry, love"

"Please, shh, calm down"

Now I was hyperventilating. Before I had so much going on that I didn't think about my parents' murder, but now-now it was different.

I couldn't handle all the sympathetic words and junk so I surprised the crouching boys and bolted up into the only safe-haven I knew.

Zayn's room.