Chapter 24

****I am so sorry for not updating! Five comments and seven votes? Wow. I promise to update sooner, I just had school and a math test. I am already writing the next chapter so I will update soon.  

Thanks!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Um...excuse me? Who is this?"

I watched Zayn's face turn from confusion to scared in like three seconds.

All the color drained out of his face.

"What?" I mouthed, starting to get frightened too.

"It's Matt"

~~~~~~~~~~

I stood so still, I could have been a statue. I stood so still, I could have been a tree.

What did both of those things have in common besides being known for being still?

Not being scared shitless.

Statues and trees didn't have to worry about some stalker trying to murder them, heck no.

You want to know something?

I am jealous of those trees and statues.

They get out of life easy. All they have to do is...well...nothing. And I am so freaking jealous of that.

Zayn's hand moved in front of my face, zoning me out of my tree and statue rant in my head.

"Ok...got it....we won't but please don't hurt her, she has done nothing wrong....yeah, I won't. Sure....but man, please listen to me, I have a ton of money, you can take it. How much do you want?"

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit x 10^1244249089898

There, some math for you.

"What, do you want one or two...three? Mate, please listen, wait don-" and the person hung up.

One or two or three what? Hundred? No, thousands would be too much. What nineteen year old college student has that much money anyway?

"Zayn..." I said causiously as he looked out the window, not moving an inch.

He nodded.

"Zayn...that w-w-was Matt, wasn't it...." I stuttered.

He nodded.

"H-he knows where you are, Sky, h-he's been following us." Zayn finally spoke, still gazing out the window, though.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit.....

"Well, then l-let's go someplace else! Well, duh, why don't we tell the police? They can track it and-"

"NO."

I stared at him like he was crazy, because, well, he is sure acting it.

"What?"

Ok, so I have read my fair share of kidnapping stories, and I know what usually happens next.

"He told me if I tell anyone that he will kill both of us and my friends."

Shit. Matt is right on with those stories.

I don't remember crying but Zayn came up and wrapped his arms around me.

He held me tight.

"Wh-wh-what are we going to do??" I cried into his chest, probably staining his shirt.

"I don't know. I will try to pay him out of it-"

"He wouldn't take my money either. He just wanted me. Why would he want me?! I am useless, worthless, dorky, and ugly. Why does he have to want me!"