40 - Confessing

I kept glancing over at Rachel as she sat with the other girls on the couch.  My mom had left to go have some eggnog at Billy's. And I was glad they had become friends because she was upset when my stepfather had decided to stay in Tacoma instead of joining her in La Push.

I rolled my eyes as the girls giggled loudly.  They were excitedly making wedding plans and trying to persuade her about what colors to choose.  Rachel caught me staring at her and she smiled brightly at me. I crooked my finger at her and I laughed as she tore herself away from our family and friends.

"You're already letting him boss you around, Rachel," Kim teased.

I shot Kim a dirty look as Rachel met me in the center of the living room.  I smirked as I produced a sprig of mistletoe from behind my back and dangled it over her head.  "Now you gotta kiss me," I breathed as my lips descended upon hers.

"Get a room!" Jared howled as I deepened the kiss.  I was more than ready for everyone to leave so I could show my fiancèe just how happy I was that she said yes.  

I laughed as I broke off the kiss.  "I have a room, Jared. But I can't use it until you fuckers leave!"

"I heard that, Paul!" Rebecca huffed as she stood and crossed the room. 

"He's kidding," Rachel replied, rolling her eyes.

"No, I'm not," I argued, touching her necklace and ring, reminding her that I wanted to see her in those two things and nothing else.  I wagged my eyebrows at her and she giggled softly. 

"You need to be good," she scolded as she wiggled out of my grasp. 

As she started to see our last guests to the door, I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her close to me.  "If I'm bad, will you spank me?" I breathed into her ear.

"Dude, that's gross," Jacob shuddered as marched to the front door.

"Stop eavesdropping, brother-in-law!" I called as he shook his head.  

"You're terrible!" she scoffed as she finally broke free from me.

Jared sauntered over to me and smiled brightly.  "Congrats, brother. You finally got the girl!"

I shook his hand vigorously and walked him to the door.  "Thanks, man. I still can't believe she said yes!"

"Of course she did," he laughed.  "You're Paul Mother Fuckin' Lahote! She never had a chance."

I threw my head back and chuckled as we reached the front porch.  "I still had my doubts, ya know? She's really too damn good for me," I lamented as I spied her hugging Selena and Rebecca.

"Yeah, but...is there anything better than having your imprint love you back?" Jared asked wistfully as he gazed at Kim.

"Nothing's better than that," I agreed.