5 - Healing

"So

"So..." Paul began, his voice raspy. "Are we good now?"

I loosened my hold on him, a little embarrassed at how tightly I was clinging to him. "Yeah," I replied softly, untangling my fingers from the belt loops on his jeans. "I got a little carried away."

He met my gaze and gave me a lopsided smile. "Maybe we need some ground rules?"

I frowned and nodded as I backed away from him. "That would be a good idea," I replied, already missing his arms around me.

He pulled me back into his arms and I hid my smile by lowering my gaze. "Maybe we could help each other out," he suggested.

My mind immediately went straight into the gutter. "Like friends with benefits?"

He laughed that warm laugh that made me smile so hard I couldn't hide it. "That wasn't what I had in mind...but," he paused and ran his tongue over his teeth and his eyes went dark. "Anyway...what was I saying?"

"Friends with benefits?" I reminded him, trying to stifle a giggle.

"Yeah," he nodded, then shook his head. "No that wasn't what I meant." He guided me over to the bed and we sat on the edge. "I was just thinking that...since you wanna work on learning to trust men again and you do enjoy the affection, then I could help you with that. And won't push you for more than you're ready for."

"And what do you want me to do...for you in return?"

"Well," he paused to brush my hair over my shoulder. "I was thinking that being around you has been good for me. You keep me calmer and maybe you could teach me some things."

"Like what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows expectantly.

"Not that, Rach!" he blushed. "I know how to do that. It's all the other stuff I suck at."

"Like what?"

Paul shrugged and glanced away. "I just don't know how to talk to girls. I can get them into bed...but talking about feelings and shit. No I can't do that, I just push them away."

"You? No way! You would never..." I teased.

"Very funny," he replied as he tickled my sides.

"Stop!" I squealed, pushing him back onto the bed and pinning his hands to the mattress. "You give up?" I challenged, my long hair dangling over his face.

His breathing sped up and his eyelids are grew heavy. Then I realized I was straddling him. Wow, Rachel, why don't you torture him some more? "Sorry," I murmured, releasing his hands and sitting up to give him some space.

That's when I felt him underneath me. He was hard and I gasped in response. "Oh, God. I'm sorry," I apologized again, scrambling to climb off of him.

He gripped my hips tightly and held me still. "No, I'm sorry. Pablo kind of has a mind of his own."