24 - Back to Life

The moment I woke up and didn't feel Paul next to me, I panicked.  I checked the clock and wondered if I was too late. I stumbled into the living room and smelled coffee coming from the kitchen.  I sneaked up on Paul and gave him a hug from behind.

He hummed as he turned in my arms and gave me and even tighter hug in return. "Did I wake you up?"

I playfully punched his gut and scowled.  "No...but you should have."

He pressed a kiss to the top of my head and chuckled.  "But my baby looked so tired," he murmured into my hair.  He pulled away and looked down on me smiling. "You look really sexy this morning."

I pushed my hair away from my face and shook my head. "I'm a mess."

He gripped my chin in his hand, licked his lips and smiled wider.  "Still sexy."

And before I could argue again, he captured my lips with his. I melted against him and felt him pulling me closer with both hands.  I hated tearing myself away from him, knowing this would be our last kiss, for quite a while. 

When Paul pulled back, he pressed his forehead to mine and sighed, "Don't cry."  His fingers wiped my tears away and I held him close to me.

"I don't want you to leave," I admitted quietly. 

He kissed the top of my head and nodded.  "Me either."

~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~

Paul insisted I go back to bed when he left.  I tossed and turned for hours, hating how my bed felt without him.  I finally got up and started my day, my mind never leaving my thoughts of Paul.  He didn't call when he got home but I assumed he had to get to work. By the time I got to work, he still hadn't called and I was worried.

Work was boring.  I kept remembering the last time I was here and how Paul had surprised me.  We were dead and Kira was wrapping up silverware into paper napkins. I jumped when I heard the phone ring.

"Zeek's Pizza.  This is Rachel. May I take your order?"

I listened for a voice on the other end and I was about to hang up when I heard, "Hi."

I inhaled sharply at the sound of his voice. "Paul?"

He chuckled.  "Do you deliver to La Push?"

I breathed a sigh of relief and replied, "Anything for you."

He laughed again.  "Wow. You must have really enjoyed what I did to you last night."

I felt the tingles just thinking about it.  He continued to talk dirty to me but all I could do was listen and get even more turned on.  After we ended the call, I started thinking about Paul's birthday and what I could do to make it really special for him.  Then I got an idea that I knew I'd need Kira's help with.