Chapter 64

As the days drew on, I weaker if that were possible. I could no loner walk to my room so I had a permanent spot on the couch with Bella. The tension in the house was so thick it was almost hard to breathe. All of the Cullen's eyes became black as they went weeks without hunting. I sighed as I leaned my head on my hand as I watched Bella sleep.

I looked up and saw Emmett pacing by the windows, looking out into the woods. The treaty no longer stood and the wolves were waiting for the perfect opportunity to kill the Cullen's. "Malory you should try and rest" Esme said gently and I sighed as I shifted in my spot. "I can't. The baby keeps moving and it's painful" I said as I slowly rubbed my stomach.

"Maybe a nice bath would help" Rose said and I nodded. She helped me off the couch and slowly walked me to the bathroom. She placed a chair down for me as she ran the water and I sat down. I looked in the mirror at my reflection and didn't even recognise myself. My face was sickly thin, my eyes were sunken in, my skin was pale from no sun and my hair had thinned out.

After the water had finished filling the tub, Rosalie walked over and helped me undress myself before she helped me into the bathtub. I sighed as I relaxed into the warm water. "Feeling any better?" Rose asked as she kneeled beside me and I nodded. "Are you excited for the baby to come?" She said as she poured some water over my stomach and I smiled.

"Yeah. I am" I said as I looked down at my stomach. "I always wanted a baby, ever since I was a little girl. I used to have this beautiful porcelain doll and her name was Ruby. I got her for my 6th birthday and she was the most beautiful doll I had ever seen. She had this little pink dress and bonnet with gorgeous blonde hair in perfect little curled pigtails and the biggest blue eyes. I used to carry her around and put her in my little stroller and pretended like she was real. My good friend Vera had the most adorable baby boy. His name was Henry and he had dark brown curly hair, the biggest smile and the cutest dimples. I envied her so much because I longed my own child. I couldn't wait to marry and have one of my own. I even thought about names. If it was a boy, Thomas, after my father, and if it was a girl, Charlotte. I always wanted a boy first and then a little baby girl who I could dress up in all the pretty dresses. That's one thing I resented most from being a vampire. Never being able to have my own child. But being given the opportunity to have a niece or nephew, is something I am so grateful for" Rosalie said and I gave her a smile.

"Well, you can dress my baby anytime you want to" I said playfully and she gave a small laugh. "What do you want? A girl or a boy?" Rosalie asked and I smiled. "Definitely girl. That way we can have the same relationship my mom and I had. Emmett wants a boy though" I said and she chuckled. I felt the baby kick and turned to Rose.

"The baby's kicking. Wanna feel?" I said and she nodded eagerly. I grabbed her hand gently placing it on my stomach and I watched as her face lit up. "Oh I can't wait to meet you!" She cooed to my stomach. After my bath Carlisle wanted to give me a check up in his office. "Your ribs are beginning to heal which is good" Carlisle said and I sighed.

"Carlisle, I know that's not the only thing you brought me in here for" I said as I rested my hands over my stomach. "Malory, as the weeks pass, you're getting weaker and weaker. At this rate, your heart may give out before you can deliver" Carlisle said and my eyes widened in shock. "C-Can't the venom do something?!" I stammered and he let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry Mal, but there are cases where even venom won't be able to help" Carlisle said before he left and I looked to Emmett as tears built in my eyes. "Emmett I'm sorry" I cried as he paced beside me. "Why Malory?! Why did you have to keep that thing?!" He exclaimed and I flinched at how loud his voice was.

"I-I thought I was doing the right thing at the time! I didn't think things would turn out this way!" I argued. "We were supposed to be together forever! What happened to that huh?!" He snapped. "Emmett! I got pregnant because we had sex like any other couple! I didn't intend for it to turn out like this!" I cried as the tears continued to stream down my face.

"Do you not understand that you are my world and without you I'm nothing? I can't live without you and now I'm going to have to!" Emmett exclaimed. "I'm sorry" I cried. Without saying anything, Emmett left Carlisle's office slamming the door behind him and I covered my face as I sobbed. I never wanted things to turn out this way...