Chapter 6

I walked into the carpark with Jess and walked over to Mr Molina handing him my permission slip. I felt someone watching me and I turned seeing Emmett getting onto the other bus. I shook my head slightly before climbing on and taking a seat beside Angela. "Hey" She said with a small smile. "Hey" I replied returning the smile.

"How are you after your concussion?" She asked trying to make conversation. "Oh umm I'm fine now" I replied and she nodded. "That's good. Had us worried for a minute there" Angela said letting out a slight chuckle and I gave a small smile. She turned and began making conversation with Jess and I leaned my head against the window as I plugged my headphones in .

We finally arrived at the greenhouse and students began shoving to get off the bus. As I stepped off the last step I stumbled over my feet and bumped into something quite hard. I looked up to see I bumped into a girl who had pixie like hair and golden eyes. "Crap! Sorry I didn't mean to bump into you. I fell off that last step" I said as I straightened myself out.

As I looked down at my clothes I realised how ratty they were compared to hers. My old white knitted sweater and jeans didn't compare to her navy blue jacket which was from Ralph Lauren , Vera Wang jeans by the looks of them along with some Prada shoes. How rich is this family?! I thought to myself. "Oh no problem! You're the new girl right?" She said as she smiled at me and I gave a brief nod.

"Yeah" I said returning a not so confident smile. "I'm Alice Cullen" She said. "Malory Rowe" I replied pushing a strand of hair from my face. "So how have you found school lately?" She said perkily as we walked into the green house. "Umm different I guess" I said. "Where did you move from?" Alice said. "Colorado" I replied and she nodded. "Nice" She spoke and I nodded.

She stopped in her place and froze. I stood beside her, confusion filling me. "Umm Alice, you ok?" I said as I waved a hand in front of her face, her eyes slightly clouded over. She suddenly snapped out of it and looked to me. "Sorry zoned out for a minute. I have to go but it was nice meeting you!" She said giving me a quick tight hug before skipping ahead.

I blinked a few times completely confused. "Sorry about Alice. She gets overly excited sometimes" A deep voice spoke from behind me and I jumped before turning and seeing Emmett. "Oh uh no it's fine" I said as he walked beside me. "I'm Emmett" He said offering me his hand. "Malory" I said shaking it suddenly realising how cold he was. I also got to admire how attractive he was and for some reason, I felt an unexplainable pull towards him.

"Jesus Christ you're freezing!" I exclaimed as I snapped out of my thoughts. "Oh uh yeah I don't have great...circulation so my hands and feet are always cold" He said and I scrunched my eyebrows slightly. "Shouldn't you get that checked out?" I said and he chuckled. "My dads a doctor" He said and I nodded dismissing the subject.

"How are you finding forks?" He said as she shoved his hands in his pockets. "Why do I always feel you staring at me?" I said ignoring his question, as I looked into his golden eyes which I found myself lost in. "What?" He said confused. "Why do you always stare at me? Whether it's in class, in the parking lot, the cafeteria" I said. "I didn't know it was illegal to look at someone" Emmett said letting out a chuckle and I scrunched my eyebrows.

"I-uh-I""Not afraid to get straight to the point are you" He said with a smirk that nearly made my knees weak. "Sorry. That was probably really rude of me" I said shaking my head and he chuckled. "No it's fine" He said. "I have another question" I said. "How the hell did you get to me so fast the day of the car accident?" I said and I watched as his face tensed.

"I was standing right next to you" He said with a light chuckle. "No you weren't! You were standing with your family across the parking lot! I know what I saw!" I said. "I really don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you hit your head harder than you thought" Emmet repaid nonchalantly. "Hey Malory!" I heard someone say before I could reply and I turned to see Tyler, Mike and Eric holding a worm up to my face. "Ew! Get it away from me!" I exclaimed as I stepped back.

"Oh come on! Kiss it!" Mike said grabbing my arm as he pushed it further into my face. "Mike no! Leave me alone!" I shrilled trying to pull away. Suddenly the stick with the worm was snatched from Mike's hand. Mike flinched and looked over to Emmett who crushed the stick in one hand. "She said leave her alone" Emmett seethed and fear flashed through Mike's eyes.

"Jeez dude chill. I was just joking around with her" Mike said as he held his hands up in defence. "Whatever. It was nice meeting you Malory" Emmett said giving me a small smile before he walked off and I stood in my spot watching him as he disappeared, a yearning feeling filling my chest. "What a freak" Mike said and I scoffed. "He wasn't the one with the worm. I believe that was you" I said before walking off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat on the cill of my window looking out at the quick darkening sky with Emmett still on my mind. The thought of him gave me butterflies. There was something about him that drew me in and I had this yearning for him. When he was around me, it felt like everything was ok. I felt somewhat sane and when he's gone, he's constantly on my mind. "Mom what do I do?" I mumbled.

Emmett's P.O.V

I leaned my arm on my window as I looked into the woods deep in thought. I couldn't get that Malory girl out of my mind. I want to kill her but at the same time I can't think of harming her. I feel the need to love her, to protect her from everything. Her blood, the sound of her heart, even her smell drives me crazy. "Don't tell me you're still infatuated with that human" I heard the bitter voice of Rosalie say.

I turned to see her standing in my door way with her arms crossed, a scowl etched onto her face. "Hello to you too Rose" I scoffed before turning back to the woods. "Emmett you need to forget about her" Rosalie said as she walked over to me. "You don't think I'm trying to?!" I snapped. "No I really don't. You're always talking to her in school! Always looking at her, watching her at night!" Rosalie snapped.

"I can't help it Rose! There's something about her! God I don't know!" I said as I wrapped my arms around the back of my head. "The closer you get to her, the quicker she'll figure out our secret and then all of our lives will be in danger" Rosalie said and I sighed. "I know" I said defeatedly. "Emmett, you're my best friend. I'm trying to keep you from making a mistake" Rose said as she placed her hand on my back.

"Can I just be alone for a bit?" I said and she sighed before I heard the click of her heals as she exited my room. After a few more moments alone I heard a knock on my door and turned to see Carlisle standing at my door. "Everything ok?" He said as he walked over to me. "Yeah just Rosalie trying to control my life" I muttered and he let out a small chuckle.

"What's troubling you?" He said as he looked out at the view. "Just this human. I feel drawn to her" I said. "She's your blood singer" Carlisle said and I turned to him with a confused look. "Her blood sings to you. It stands out more than others" He said and I realise the was right. "By other means, it also sounds like she may be your mate. You have an involuntary love for her which is why you want to be around her all the time" Carlisle explained.

"But how can a human be my mate?" I said and Carlisle shrugged. "Vampires have been known to fall in love or seduce humans. In most cases they turn them so that they can be together for eternity. Once you have found your mate, you are bonded to her for life" Carlisle said.