Chapter 16

"NOOO!" I heard a women scream on the other end "Hello?! Who is this?!" I said panicked

"NOOO!" I heard a women scream on the other end "Hello?! Who is this?!" I said panicked. "AHH-" Her scream was cut off and I gasped. I heard a man laugh on the other end and my heart dropped when I realised who it was. "Tsk, tsk, tsk, Jess here is such a pretty thing. It was too easy for Victoria to find her. I guess the Cullen's didn't do a very good job guarding her" I heard James say chillingly.

"Don't touch her!" I exclaimed. "Hmm it's so tempting" James said. "Please just leave her out of this! I'll do anything!" I pleaded and he chuckled. "If you want her to be safe, you'll meet me at your old ballet studio here in Phoenix" James said and I bit my bottom lip. "Ok" I said before the line went dead. I slipped on a jacket and the bedroom door opened to reveal Bella who looked panicked.

"James has my mom" Bella said and I gasped. "He has Jess too" I said. "We need to sneak out without Alice and Jasper seeing us" I said and Bella nodded. Bella grabbed her coat and we made our way downstairs where we saw Alice and Jasper waiting in line at the reception desk. Bella and I slipped out the front doors and climbed into a cab.

"Umm can you please take us to Mimi's school of dance?" Bella said and the woman nodded typing in the address before driving off and I stared out the window. I never put much thought into how or when I'd die. I never enjoyed thinking about death not because of the act of death but afterwards. What happens to you after? Where do you go? Do you just become a memory or go to 'heaven'? Is heaven even real? Or is it something people believe to comfort themselves? So many questions that don't have answers. But if there is one thing I'm certain of, it's that tonight...I'll be staring death in the face.

The cab pulled up at the studio after a while and Bella and I climbed out. I let out shaky breaths as I stared at the studio. I turned to Bella and we stared at each other for a few seconds before walking towards the building. We entered through the doors and made it to the studio. Bella and I took a few strides forward as we looked around the empty studio.

I could feel the fear and anticipation building in my stomach as I waited for something to happen. "Bella?! Bella?! Where are you?!" I heard a female voice say. "Mom?" Bella said as she began to run to the other side of the room, me following in toe. "Jess?!" I said after hearing her crying.

"What are you doing in here?" Bella's mom said. "Everyone makes fun of me" A young voice said and I scrunched my eyebrows before Bella pulled the doors open to reveal a stereo and a tv playing what looked like an old home video of Bella. A laugh filled the studio and I gasped slightly. It's a trap! I thought to myself as panic filled me.

Bella and I turned to see James's reflection in the mirror and I felt Bella grip my hand. James walked across the room as he smirked at us. "That's my favourite part. You were a stubborn child weren't you? and Malory, I couldn't believe how easy you fell for Victoria's acting" James said as he approached us.

"They're not even here" I said as he pushed me against the wall and I gasped as he leaned his forehead against mine. "Sorry. You know but you really made it too easy. So to make things more entertaining I'm gonna make a little film of our time together" James said he lifted a black video camera. "Borrowed this from your house, hope you don't mind" James said as he walked over to Bella.