Chapter 39

(THE NEXT DAY)

After grabbing a tray, I placed my food onto it. I grabbed some salad, a juice and an apple. Emmett grabbed my tray from my hands and I smiled. "You know you don't have to do that" I said and he shook his head. "I know. But I want to" He replied and I giggled as we walked hand in hand to my friends. "God I don't know what to do!" Jess complained.

"What's she complaining about?" I whispered to Angela. "Her speech" Angela replied and I let out a drawn 'oh' as I nodded. Emmett wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him. Bella and Edward walked over and I smiled. "Hey" everyone chimed from around the table. "Just in time. Alright check it out" said Mike as he grabbed Jess's pencil and paper.

"My fellow students right?" Mike said as he looked at everyone for confirmation. "Good" Eric spoke up. "Cute" Jess replied sarcastically. "We are the future. Anything is possible if you just believe" Mike said and I rolled my eyes. "Nice" Angela said from beside me and I smirked. "Perfect. And you got yourself a speech" Mike replied as he threw Jess's notepad back to her.

"No this will be my speech when I want everyone to throw diploma's at my head. So thank you" said Jess as she threw a ball of paper at Mike's head and I giggled. "Wow Mike. That was so cheesy I think I need some nachos" I said sarcastically as I took a sip from my juice and Mike turned to me poking his tongue out.

"You gotta embrace the cliches Jess" said Mike with a smug look on his face. "Yeah they're like the bread and butter of all valedictorians" Eric said as he turned to her. "And that is why you're not valedictorian" Angela sassed. "Ohhh burn!" I said causing everyone to chuckle. "Jess doesn't need cliches. This speech is going to be epic" Bella said and I smiled.

"Epic? It'll change lives" Jess replied confidently. I felt Emmett kiss my temple and I looked up, pursing my lips out. He chuckled before leaning down pressing his to mine for a second before we pulled away. Emmett placed his hand on my thigh rubbing it up and down as I leaned into him more. Alice and Jasper appeared taking a seat at the table, a big smile on Alice's face.

"I've decided to throw a party" She said happily and I arched my eyebrow as I stared at her. "After all, how many times are we going to graduate high school?" Jasper said causing Emmett and Edward to chuckle. "A party? At you place?" said Angela. "I've never seen your house" Jess said as she turned to them.

"No ones ever seen their house" Eric said. "Another party Alice?" Edward questioned as he turned to his sister. "It'll be fun" Alice argued. "Yeah. That's what you said last time" Bella replied and memories of her party flashed through my mind. I watched as Alice's eyes clouded over and she sat back in her seat zoned out. "Hey Angela?" Bella said grabbing Angela's attention.

"Do you need some help with those?" Bella asked referring to her papers distracting everyone's attention away from Alice. Alice came out of her vision and turned looking at Jasper. The bell rung signalling lunch was over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What was Alice's vision about?" I asked breaking the silence as Emmett drove us to my house. "Uh I don't know" He replied and I sighed. "Baby, I love you. But one thing you're not good at, is lying" I said as I stared at him. "It was nothing babe trust me" Emmett said trying to brush off the situation. I leaned my head against the window as I watched the scenery.

"Are you mad at me now?" asked Emmett, breaking the 5 minutes of silence. "No. I just don't like being kept in the dark" I said and he sighed. "Babe. honestly. Alice didn't tell me much. She just said when we're all home we need to have a meeting is all" Emmett replied and I nodded. "How about I make it up to you tonight?" He said as he placed his hand on my thigh and I giggled.

"Ok you're forgiven" I replied and he chuckled.