Chapter 32

"Those wolves would be dead by now and Laurent has probably already told Victoria we're unprotected and vulnerable" Bella said as we sat on her bed that night. "We don't know that for sure Bella" I said and looked at me. "Mal, it was a pack of wolves verses the strongest creature on this earth. They didn't stand a chance" Bella argued and I let out a sigh.

"Call me crazy but, I think those wolves are...people" I replied and Bella scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What do you mean? Like werewolves?" Bella said and I nodded. "Yeah. The other night when I was at the cliffs, Embry saved me and took me to Sam Uley's house. When I awoke, I heard the two others Paul and Jared say they couldn't smell the redheaded leeches scent on the Cullen's land" I said remembering what Paul and Jared had said.

"I mean think about it. Those wolves weren't just any normal wolf you'd find in the woods. They were huge and they only went after Laurent not us. I think by leeches they meant...vampire. Leeches drink blood and so do vampires and the Cullen's were the only vampire clan in Forks so who else could they be talking about" I explained.

"So you're saying that Sam's cult is a...pack of wolves?" Bella questioned and I nodded. "Yeah" I said and she sighed. "I'll try and talk to Jake. See if he can give me some answers or something" Bella said and I nodded.

The next morning I awoke to Bella shaking me awake. "Malory! I-I think you're right. Jacob came over during the middle of the night when you were asleep and we talked but he didn't really make any sense. He said he wanted to tell me everything but he couldn't but I already know. All I can remember is the story he told me that day at First beach last year" Bella said.

"What story?" I said as I sat up. "No time to explain. Look, I'm heading over to his house now to try and get better answers out of him" Bella said and I got up. "I'll come with" I said before quickly getting changed. We exited the house and climbed into her truck. We began the drive back to La Push and after a few minutes pulled up to Jacob's house.

Bella and I climbed out before we walked to the front door where Bella knocked. I saw Jacob's dad, Billy, roll over to the door opening it. "Bella, Malory" He said greeting the both of us. "I need to see him" Bella said. "He's not in" Billy replied. "Look I'm sorry, I really need to see him" Bella said as she dragged me into the house. "Bella, Malory!" Billy called as we walked to Jacob's room.

She pulled the door open revealing Jacob to be fast asleep on his bed. I heard some animal like noises and we both turned to see Sam and his pack approaching. Without a word, Bella exited out the back door and began angrily approaching them. "Bella wait!" I said as I hogged catching up to her. "What did you do?!" She snapped angrily.

"What did you do?!" Bella said angrily before shoving sam. "Hey!" Jared said only for Sam to hold his arm out. "Easy" Sam said stopping him. "He didn't want this!" Bella said as she looked at all of them. "What did we do?! What did he do?! What did he tell you two?!" Paul snapped. "He didn't tell us anything" I said as I tried pulling Bella back.

"Nothing. He told us nothing because he's scared of you" Bella said. Jared and Paul began to laugh at Bella. She let out a scoff before slapping Paul across the face. "Bella!" I snapped in shock. Paul began to shake violently and my eyes widened in shock. "Too late now" Jared said smugly. "Girls get back!" Sam said as he held Paul's shoulder.

I grabbed Bella's arm pulling her back as we watched in fear. "Paul calm down now!" Sam said but Paul continued shaking. He began growling and snarling before he suddenly turned into a wolf. I let out a scream of shock and fear before sprinting off. "Bella! Malory!" Jake said as he leapt off the porch. "Run!" Bella shrieked.

"Jake run!" Bella said before Jacob too phased into a wolf leaping over Bella and I causing us to fall to the ground. He and Paul growled before beginning to attack each other. The two of them fought each other into the woods and I shook in fear at what I had just seen. "Hey! Take the girls back to Emily's" Sam said before he ran after the two boys.

Jared and Embry walked over to Bella and I stopping in front of us. I was right I thought to myself. After I got her the shock I climbed into the passenger side of Bella's truck as Jared and Embry climbed into the bed. Embry gave the directions to the familiar house which we arrived to within a few minutes. Bella parked before Jared and Embry jumped out.

"Emily!" The boys called as they approached the house. "Hey, I think we should go back and see if Jacob's ok" Bella said as she rolled down her window. "I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him. Serves him right" Jared said obnoxiously. "No way. Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I got five bucks says Paul doesn't touch him" Embry said.

"Come on in girls, we won't bite" Embry said as he turned to us. "Speak for yourself" Jared replied before walking back into the house. Bella and I climbed out of her truck approaching the house. "Oh, hey, about Emily, Sam's fiancee, don't stare. It bugs Sam" Embry said and I remembered the scars on her face. "Why would I stare?" Bella said confused.

"You guys hungry? Like I have to ask" I heard Emily say as Bella and I entered the house. "Oh hi Malory. Who's this?" She said as she looked to Bella. "Bella Swan who else?" said Jared from his seat. "Oh, so you two are the vampire girls" Emily said playfully and I gave a small smile. "So you're the wolf girl" Bella replied.

"Guess so. Well I'm engaged to one" Emily replied as she placed a plate of huge muffins on the table. Jared reached over grabbing a second one only for Emily to grab his arm. "Save some for your brothers and ladies first. Muffin?" She asked as she turned to Bella and I. "Sure. Thanks" Bella said. "Malory?" Emily asked turning to me.

"No thanks I'm all good. I uh lost my appetite when I was nearly attacked by a giant wolf like 20 minutes ago thanks to Bella" I said sarcastically and she averted her eyes to the ground awkwardly. "These boys aren't as bad as you think. Just a bunch of idiotiotic teenage boys" Emily said and I gave a chuckle.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order" Emily said. "Um, he didn't say anything to me or Mal" Bella replied as she grabbed a muffin. "It's a wolf thing. Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want 'em to or not. Oh and check it out, we can hear each other's thoughts-""Would you shut up! These are trade secrets! Damnit! These chicks run with vampires!" Jared interjected, cutting Embry off.

"You can't really run with vampires" I said causing Emily to laugh at Jared. "Cause they're fast" said Bella from beside me and I nodded. "Yeah? Well we're faster" Jared argued and I rolled my eyes. Emmett could out run him any day I thought to myself. "Freaked out yet?" Jared continued. "Nope. Trust me, you're not the first monster I've met" I shot back.

"Jake's right. You two are good with weird" A voice said and we turned to see Sam enter the house, walking over to Emily. "Hey" He said before leaning down kissing her. I averted my eyes away and picked at my nails. I turned to the door to see Jake and Paul walk in shoving each other, smiles on their faces as if nothing had happened.

Paul walked in and saw at the table beside Embry. "Sorry" He said as he looked at Bella and I, a cheeky grin on his face. "Let's go" Bella whispered and we began to leave the house. "Uh thanks" Bella said to Emily and Sam before we left.