Twenty

Recap from Chapter Nineteen - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Is that-" I ask her, but she cuts me off.

"The hybrid serum? Indeed it is (Y/N)." She replies. I notice a man unconscious on the chair in front of her. His head is tilted down and his wrists and ankles are shackled to the chair.

"Put the gun down, or he will get the serum next." I slowly put my gun on the ground and lift my hands in the air. She cackles loudly as she walks over to me, grabs my rifle and throws it across the room. She moves back to the survivor and she laughs once again.

"You're just like (M/N). So naive." She smiles evilly. She grabs out a pistol and points it at me. Just then, Chase bursts into the room and she points her gun at him.

"Drop your gun!" Kirstyn screams. Chase drops his gun and kicks it over to her, and she laughs. All of a sudden, she cocks her gun. My eyes widen and I jump in front of Chase, as I hear the trigger being pulled. One bullet is fired from the gun, hitting me on the left side of my stomach.

"(Y/N)!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

As soon as Chase said that to me, my eyes close shut as everything goes black. I'm sorry I can't say it back.. A few moments later, everything flashes into a white background. An episode?? Oh god I thought I was dying I hope Chase doesn't kill me. I am standing in front of a door.

The door of the building I have been so desperately been wanting to know what was inside. I waste no time and unlock the door and walk inside, only to see a green sticky note and a flask of a green liquid covered by a cork, standing on a table. I walk over to the desk and pick up the note to read it.

Sometimes you need to break a few things to find the answers

I look at the flask as it is picked up by Mom, who appeared out of nowhere. She smiles as she looks over to me.

"You don't have much time left baby. I don't want to see you here too." She smiles warmly.

"This is the cure? To everything?" I ask.

"It will save you. And everyone else." She replies. She walks over to me and places her hand on my face. I smile at her as tears well in my eyes.

"You make me so proud." She smiles.

"Thanks mom." I smile sadly.

"And remember. Fear the living." She says just before I come back to reality and jolt up in Chase's arms. He jumps back and yells. I grunt in pain as I hold my stomach.

"(Y/N) holy shit you scared the fuck out of me." He says as he clutches his heart.

"Glad you didn't kill me." I reply as I stand up and look over to the fridge like cooling system and grab out the green flask, covered with a cork.

"I told Rick to stay out, and he needs to go back to Alexandria to grab the rest of their citizens." He replies "Turns out that Kirstyn had the same idea you did. They didn't kill anyone but they hurt a few of them."

"Well I know how to end it all." I reply as I walk over to the window, beneath the window I shoot a hole in the wall, big enough for me to throw the flask into the other room. I sigh and throw the flask in and wait, as I watch the bulky walker grunt and smack his head on the glass repeatedly. I hope this works.

I sit back and groan and look down at my wound to notice that it has been stitched up. I smile and look up at Chase, to see him shrug and smile in response. Always finds a way to help me. Typical little shit.