Fifteen

Recap from Chapter Fourteen - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

"Yeah, what did I sign up for exactly?" I ask Kirstyn.

"The rules are simple. You just help us and you tell no-one about what we are doing." She explains.

"Sounds ominous enough. What if I tell someone?" I ask. Her bodyguards soon walk into my room, standing in front of us holding their assault rifles tightly. I gulp in response. Shit.

"That should explain a lot." She replies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Next Day - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

I awake to the feeling of about a million paws, so I open my eyes and see Chase's puppies have completely bombarded my bed. They jump all over me and begin to lick me.

"Oh god no!" I yelp. I look over to Chase who is staring at me laughing his head off. I look out the window to see that the sun is only just beginning to rise and I grumble.

"You have to see Kirstyn soon." He smiles.

"Oh shit." I say as my eyes widen. I throw my blanket off of me and run to my drawer to put a shirt on. I race around my room, putting my utility belt on, my boots and my hat.

"Woah calm down you still have another 15 minutes until you have to be down there." He smiles as he blocks my way out of my room.

"I appreciate your honesty, but get your ass out the way or imma be late." I grumble.

"You're fine (Y/N)." He laughs. I roll my eyes and push him out of the way. I hug him quickly and walk down the stairs.

"Put a shirt on also please and thanks." I call from the bottom of the stairs.

"You love it." He replies. I roll my eyes and begin to walk to the front door when I hear footsteps from behind me racing towards me.

"Wait." I hear Chase call. I turn around and look up at him and he kisses my cheek, making my face become hot. "Have a good day. Don't let Kirstyn do anything to you." He smiles.

"Don't worry, I'll belt her if she tries anything." I reply. He laughs in response and I turn and walk out of the house and towards the lab.

As I am walking, I notice a young man about to walk passed me. I stare at him as he walks rather quickly,and immediately stop in my tracks. I squint my eyes to take a closer look at him as he begins to walk passed me fast. His eyes.

"Excuse me!" I say as I turn around and tap him on the shoulder. He turns around and smiles brightly.. too brightly in my opinion.

"Yes?" He answers. I stare into his eyes noticing his eyes were bright green. That's so strange. Most people here have grey eyes, so why is his its normal colour?

"Are you okay miss?" He asks me. I snap out of my daydream and smile awkwardly.

"I uh, I was wondering if you knew where the lab is. I'm new here." I reply.

"Oh it's just down the road. You're going the right way." He says. I smile and thank him. I go to turn around when he grabs my wrist. He pulls me back and I yelp. I look at him as he stares directly into my eyes. I try to escape his grip but he is unusually strong for a skinny dude.

"Sir." I grunt, trying to rip out of his grip.

"Don't go colourless." He whispers as he grips my wrist harder. Colourless?

"Sir, you're hurting me." I grumble. He digs his nails into my wrist and I yelp in pain.

"The looper will win. Don't let the looper win." He growls, beginning to make my wrist bleed.