Ten

Recap from Chapter Nine - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

I sit in the front seat and look out the window, not even daring to make eye contact with the man I bumped into. After what felt like an eternity, he stops the car a few hundred meters from the gate.

"I would really think about the offer Kirstyn gave you." The man says. I unbuckle my seatbelt and sigh.

"I said I will think about it." I reply grabbing the car door handle.

"Don't make me insist." He says. I stop and look at him.

"Try control me mate. I fucking dare you. See how far you get." I growl.

I get out of the car and slam the door. Asswipe. I roll my eyes and race home. After a few minutes, I knock on the gate and it immediately opens. I smile at Abraham who is guarding the gate as usual and he smiles.

"Oh welcome home (Y/N)! How was Hilltop?" He asks. I think about Chase and smile.

"Fucking amazing." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

Maggie flinches as I dab her knuckles with a cloth, drenched in an antiseptic liquid.

"Well maybe you shouldn't have assaulted the brick wall Maggie." I say.

"I'm sorry." She sighs.

"It's been months since the last time you punched something. What triggered you?" I ask. Her head lowers as I wrap a bandage around her hand.

"I don't know. Just.. built up anger I guess." She replies.

"You know I'm here for you right?" I tell her.

"I know." She replies.

"So you should know that I know when you're bullshitting me." I roll my eyes. She laughs nervously.
"Yeah that's what I thought bitch. Now what happened?" I ask. She pulls her bandages hand away and sighs.

"I don't really feel like talking about it right now." She says sadly. I smile.

"That's okay Maggie. I won't force anything but you can tell me whenever you're ready." I reply. She nods slowly.

"I'm gonna head home and relax I'm so tired. I'll see you later though." I smile.

She doesn't respond so I stand up and walk out of the infirmary. Before I head home I decide to make a quick stop at the lab to see the Taylor family. While walking I spot Carl in the distance and I smile brightly.

"Carl!" I yell. He jumps and looks in my direction. He doesn't look as excited to see me as he used to get.

"Hey." He smiles as he walks up to me and hugs me. Even his hugs are weird now.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

"Yeah no.. Everything is fine." He replies.

"Well okay. Wanna come to the lab with me?" I ask.

"I uh, I'm going to see Dad. He wanted to see me." He replies.