Six

Recap from Chapter Five - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

I look at the photos of the machines to see the EEG is a bunch of small, flat metal discs that you attach to the scalp with wires and the fMRI is a GIANT donut shaped machine with a place to lay down and put your head inside. I smash my hand of the desk and growl.

"Where the fuck am I gonna get machines like this?" I groan. I shove the folder back in my desk and sit on my chair and put my head in my hands. I groan loudly in frustration.

I take my hands away from my face and watch as the woman walks back into the room. I sigh and look down at my notes when I hear the door open once more. The woman walks out, approaches my desk and places a brown leather wallet in front of me.

I look at her and take the wallet and open it. I take out three identification cards. Hers, her husbands and her sons. I smile and look up at her.

"Lacey. What a beautiful name." I smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I fell asleep in my lab.. studying.. again.. all I remember is turning my walkie talkie off and waking back to my desk. I was dead to the world until I was woken up by the front door to the lab slamming open.

"BABY." I hear someone yell. I immediately wake up and jump out of the chair.

"What!? Who died!?" I scream. I look over at the door to see Carl pissing himself laughing.

"Babe, you have a piece of paper stuck to your face." He laughs.

I see the paper on my cheek in my peripheral vision and I groan and rip it off my face. I pick a pen up off my desk and throw it at him.

"Next time you scare the shit out of me I'm going to throw you into the Quarry." I groan. He laughs and walks over to my desk.

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into a hug. I smile and bury my face into his neck. I look up at him and he stares down at my desk and notices my notes.

"What's that about?" He asks.

"The family. They are incredible. I don't think they are dead Carl." I reply.

"That's bullshit (Y/N), they walk like walkers and they have a bite mark on their arm." He says. I walk over to the room, unlock the door and take Lacey out. She follows me to Carl and he begins to back up.

"Woah now, back her up." He says holding his hands out. I roll my eyes in response.

"Oh don't be a pussy babe. I'm taking her outside to the group now anyways. He needs to see for himself." I reply.

I take her hand and I walk her outside. Carl follows behind us as she grips my hand tighter. A few minutes later I see Rick, Michonne and Glenn talking and they immediately look in my direction and look on edge. I show him that she is okay as I lift our hands in the air, and he walks closer to me.

"What the hell (Y/N). You're gonna scare people here." Rick growl.

"Shutup and let me explain." I reply. I show him her right arm where the bite mark is. He takes a closer look and his eyes widen.