Three

Recap from Chapter Two - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

"You don't need to have superhuman abilities to have déjà vu. Your self conscious might be telling you something." He explains.

"Yeah but what is it trying to tell me exactly?" I ask him.

"Maybe that's just for you to figure out for yourself." He replies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I awake to see the sun just beginning to rise. I sigh and I look to my right to see Carl sleeping peacefully beside me. I move a strand of his hair out of his face and gently place a kiss on his forehead. I get out of his grip and silently climb out of bed, out of the window and onto the roof. I sit on the roof to escape my thoughts but I don't think sitting here will help me.

I climb back into the room, put my shoes on, and put my utility belt on. I climb out the window again and down onto the street. Hopefully dad isn't awake. I sneak around the street and to the wall, where I climb over the wall and jump onto the ground.

It's actually been such a long time since I've been outside. Or seen a walker. I mean I hear them. I hear them all the time, but I've spent so much of my time inside Alexandria, more specifically in my lab, that I haven't had time to come outside the camp.

I begin to walk around looking for something to kill, when I see a few stragglers wandering around on the road around 15 minutes later. They are just.. looking around. I'm sure that they are walkers.

I slowly walk over towards them, taking my knife out getting ready just in case. They are obviously freshly turned, but something about them was.. different. As I come closer to them, something.. I don't even know something fucking strange happened.. they sit down.

Like.. they literally sat down. What kind of walker sits down? None because they don't sit down. I know for a fact that they are walkers because they are groaning and they just have that smell. I begin to lower my knife when I hear groaning from behind me.

I turn around and see a walker behind me, so I immediately grab the walker by his shirt and throw him to the others sitting down, wondering what would happen.

As the walker I just threw hit the ground, he does nothing to the others. What the ?? I grab the walker by the legs and drag him away from the ones sitting down and stab him in the head. The walkers sitting down just sit there and stare at me.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask.

I really don't know why I asked because they look dead but maybe they are actually alive. But the walker would have bit them if they were alive. They just stare at me. A middle-aged man and woman and a young boy. I look around for more walkers and slowly put my knife away.

"Do you need help? I have a camp a few miles away. We have a doctor." I say to them. I slowly move closer to them, but they start to growl at this point. Oh shit.. All three of them launch themselves at me, not giving me enough time to get out my knife. Oh no no no!! I'm gonna die!

As I am about to accept my fate, they just lay on me. They don't bite me or rip my face off or anything. What the hell? I then hear the moans of walkers beginning to walk past us. I move my head slightly to see what is going on, when I notice that there are walkers shuffling past us. HUNDREDS of walkers. Going the opposite way of Alexandria luckily.

They launched themselves at me to save me? Why? The walkers don't take a second glance in our direction and just keep shuffling along. A few minutes later once all of the walkers left, the three of them lifted themselves off of me and they sit back up.