Eleven

Recap from Chapter Ten - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

He laughs as I run up the stairs and grab a pair of pants from my drawer. I stomp back downstairs to see him leaning on the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"You good now? Didn't forget to put a bra on or anything?" He mocks.

"Are you in the mood for a knuckle sandwich because you seem pretty hungry for one right now." I say through my teeth as I shake my fist in his face.

He laughs and moves his face to my hand and bites it. He looks at me with his piercing blue eyes as his fangs lightly bit the skin on my hand. The look he is giving me suddenly make my legs weak and shaky. Like my knees are about to buckle on me. He stops biting my hand and gently kisses it.

"You hungry?" He smirks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/N)'s P.O.V

"I'm seriously surprised my Dad let you in. I felt like he would have knocked you out before you were even allowed near this house." I laugh as I eat my eggs with Chase.

"I have a way with my words you know." He replies.

"I'm sure you do." I roll my eyes.

"Wanna test that theory?" He says softly, as he stares at me. I gulp and look forward and finish eating. I hear him chuckle.

"Where is the family you were talking about?" He asks.

"In my lab." I reply grabbing my plate and putting in in the dishwasher.

"We need to go see them." He replies.

"Why?" I ask.

"Please." He says. I sigh and nod my head.

"And you can show me around Alexandria after." He says as he winks at me.

"My husband lives here you know? He will not like that we are alone. Although he has been acting really weird lately, and has been hanging with some girl I have never seen around before." I reply sadly.

"Well if he can hang out with her than you can hang out with me." He smiles.

It's literally impossible not to smile at him when he smiles. It's contagious. It's toxic. Like a drug. It scares me because of the way I think about him. And Carl hasn't been there for me lately. I mean, sure he has been there every now and again. But.. I don't know. Carl doesn't seem.. happy anymore.

I'm going to admit this but we haven't had sex in months. He's barely had time for me and whenever he does, it's only for a few hours maybe. Strangely with Chase, he seems like he wants to be around. I don't understand what is going on but this feeling with Chase is so much different than the feelings with Carl.

It's almost impossible to explain because I literally have no idea what the hell is happening right now. As I quickly show Chase around Alexandria on the way to the lab, I feel so safe around him. Like this apocalypse is not even existent.

We arrive at the lab and I direct him to where the family is. I walk over to my desk and slump down into my seat. Chase comes out with the entire family and makes them sit down on a few chairs.