Five

Recap from Chapter Four - (Y/N)'s P.O.V

"She had two different viruses in her system when I took the blood sample. One was the zombie virus. The other is unknown but I checked her arm to see a small bruise from a needle." I explain.

"She was injected with another virus? Why?" He asks.

"Beats me. But when I checked a few minutes later, one virus was gone. The zombie virus was gone." I finish.

"So you're telling me that the virus that she was injected with killed the zombie virus?" He asks as his eyes widen.

"It's possible." I reply. "But if it was the cure then why is she dead?" I ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ The next day - (Y/N)'s P.O.V ~

I slept on the roof last night, so my back aches. The sun just starting to rise, I open my eyes and stretch as everything hurts. Damn maybe that wasn't such a good idea to sleep up here.

I groan and sit up and watch people and children walk around on the street below, thinking about yesterday in the lab. If that really is the cure I want to make sure of it first, I don't want to go around injecting all of the people in Alexandria, it could be dangerous.

I wonder what it's used for anyways. And where exactly it came from. I sigh and I decide that I don't want to be on the roof anymore, so I climb down and head downstairs. I notice a note left on the kitchen counter so I read it.

Hey honey,

Rick, Carl, Abraham, Maggie, Glenn and I have just gone out to look for more ammo. I know we have heaps but it's just in case. We will be home by the time the sun sets. I love you.

- Dad

I scrunch the note up and put it in the bin. They must have left early. I walk outside and down the street to see a mother with her young child playing in the street. I smile sadly and watch them inch closer towards me.

I then notice that she is wearing a necklace. A necklace that looks exactly like the one mom used to wear but different colour. The one dad had in his hand covered with her blood. I freeze in the middle of the street. I look down at my hands as I fee them shaking violently.

My breathing becomes fast and short, and sweat begins to fall down my face. No not now! The woman looks at me with a concerned look across her face.

"Hey sweetie are you alright?" She asks. I shake my head and run back into the house and lock the door. No sooner than I do, my eyes roll to the back of my head and I drop to the floor, seeing nothing back white when I reopen my eyes.

I look to my feet to see that my ankles are still chained up and going nowhere near the key in front of me. I scream in frustration. I'm back in this stupid place again. I then see Debbie pop up in front of me. She looks mad.

"You know this is all your fault right?" She says.

"How!? How is it my fault?!" I scream.

"Because you let me die." She replies.

"You think I wanted you to die!?" I yell.