Chapter 20: the big night.

Bailey's Point of View:

The howling wind had knocked on my window, waking me up for the end of the week. It was Friday. Today is going to be a long day.

I sat up against my cushioned headboard and decided to send Cole a text. I needed to make sure he will grace me with his presence tonight - seeing that Ace needs to entertain Kelly and Olivia will be preoccupied with her man too.

Hey You! You better be there tonight!
I texted.

Of course! See you then.
Cole responded in a glimpse.

As usual, I hopped into the shower and freshened up with a more wintery makeup look. I decided to do a grand cat eye paired with a peach gloss. My hair looked like a waterfall, it was wavy and long - so I decided to make it into an iconic Ariana Grande high ponytail.

I dressed pretty casually - being pregnant and strutting around in high heels is not fun and games. Sneakers are my bestest friend.

I was feeling pretty stressed because I have my first semester test next week. With everything going on, I haven't been focused on my academics at all. At this rate, I might even lose my scholarship. But that wasn't my priority ... my priority now is little Ashley and myself. I've been through some shit. It's time to search for my happiness.

The day wasn't anything extraordinary. It was filled with phone calls, clients and a bit of cramming. I felt particularly exhausted today. I just wanted time to fly so I could go home and boil myself in a steaming hot bath. I managed to get myself an appointment for a full body massage at 12 today during my lunch break. Employees who work here are offered a complimentary full body massage once a week. I won't lie, the perks of being an employee here are pretty damn amazing.

The knots in my tense, rock-hard body untied itself after the heavenly massage. I fell asleep for a few minutes during the session too. It definitely made me sleepy for the rest of the day.

The day proceeded flawlessly, business was busy which left no room for lounging around and blankly staring into nothingness. The day however, ended off quickly and an ambush of Tigers began to set foot for the feast.

The orders for the food tonight had arrived, the spicy aroma of something Mexican - oh it's Taco Bell. I must say, I'm not the biggest fan of crunchy Taco's. Something about the crispy hard shell leaves traces of food all over my body. I'll opt for a burrito I guess. I kept looking into the distance of the front door. I was excited to chill with Cole. I really don't want to be alone tonight - especially because his father will be going on all about Ace and Kelly's wedding that isn't going to happen.

Crowds of the regulars began to arrive and the beat began to pump. It was going to be a heck of a party for a celebration that was not destined. Poor Ace - he is going to feel so shit knowing this is as fake as Kylie's lips.

Cole had finally arrived. He was looking so casual yet so classy, I wonder who he was trying to impress. We spoke and joked around about the wedding announcements his father was going to make - he did an amazing impersonation of the entire scene. He was a clown. I really started to notice more to his personality - he was goofy but also the most caring person I have ever come across.

"Attention Please!" A mature, authoritative voice ordered and the room echoed with silence. Everyone turned to the front of the lounge obeying the familiar voice.

"Now that I have your attention, I would like to make a toast to everyone for being here tonight." Mr Miu lifted his glass and the rest of the room imitated his gesture. The lifting of glasses looked like a disorganised Mexican wave.

"To Black Tigers!" Mr Miu toasted with honour.

"To Black Tigers!" The rest of the room repeated.

"Now I have a grand announcement to make tonight... and I'm sure all of you will be as proud as I am. For the first time in many years, I feel as if I have succeeded in something. Of course I have sealed a lot of deals and expanded what was once a small gang, but what I'm talking about today is my star son, Alex... or some of you know him as Ace. My son has finally decided to set a date for the wedding and very soon, we will have little tigers of blood in the family. I am so proud of you, Alex. The wedding night will be next year in February - in the month of the Luna New Year. We will be blessed with prosperity and ..."

Mr Miu was definitely a happy chap tonight but his words were beginning to diffuse in my ear and I didn't hear what he was saying. I could see his mouth still moving but no sound was coming out. Everyone looked around the room and looked confused ... it seems like the sound system had been cut off.

I turned to Cole and asked "What's going on?" ... Cole looked troubled.

"I'm going to call security. See if they can fix the issue. I'm sure it's just a power trip for the sound system." Cole dialled for security on his phone but his facial expression showed that no one was picking up on the other end.

The guys in the room began to panic, everyone's wild side was revealing, almost like they were all prepared for some gunfire drama to happen.

The speakers suddenly came back on. Phew. It wasn't anything - maybe just the wrong cable pulled out.

"Sorry about that, we seem to be experiencing some technical issues." Mr Miu cleared his throat and began his well prepared, Grammy-like speech again. He carried on about the wedding plans and from the corner of my eye, I could see Ace standing uncomfortably next to Kelly. Kelly looked beautifully happy - like her dream had come true. Poor girl.

It was coming to the end of Mr Miu's speech until suddenly, a loud screech, siren-sounding, high-pitched beep dominated the speakers. Everyone closed their ears because the piercing screech could definitely make you bleed. What the fuck was going on?

The screech stopped. But an unfamiliar, new voice tuned in. Wait, it wasn't unfamiliar...

"Hello Motherfuckers."

____________________________
Hey! I hope you enjoyed!

Tune in for the next chapter!

Jess x