Chapter 9: a busy week later.

Bailey's Point of View:

The alarm buzzed me up and the Friday morning sun greeted me with a kiss. As usual, I had to feed my daily obsession with checking my news feed and timelines. But today, something different popped up.

Ethan tweeted for the first time in a while ... 'I miss her. Where is she?'

Lol, fuck you Ethan. I don't miss you back... Lol, who am I lying to. I obviously miss the old you too. I changed my number a few days ago so I wouldn't receive anymore unwanted phone calls from him. Obviously I kept my social media accounts and had Ethan blocked. Twitter was the only one I forgot about because I never really used the app. I sat upright against my headboard and fought an inner war with myself about whether I should block him on Twitter too. Eventually, my brain defeated the thoughts of my heart and I removed the last trace of him.

Last night was the first night I had a full 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. The other night's were either filled with nightmares or memories of him that left me depressed and fatigue the next day. Parts of me still can't understand how things escalated south in a blink of an eye.

I needed to get ready for work. Olivia reminded me last night that today is Friday which means that the whole squad is going to be at the spa tonight. When I got out of the shower, I noticed how my belly bloomed in size. Is this even possible? It almost felt like a chemical reaction to a cataclysm. I got dressed in a flowy black dress, in light that it will disguise my big little bump. I quickly tied my hair into a half up, half down and curled the ends of my hair. As usual, I lightly brushed my makeup on. I have always been blessed with the longest lashes - ones that end up looking like extensions with two coats of mascara on.

"Bailey! We need to leave! It's 15 minutes past already!" Olivia exclaimed. She rushed into my room and grabbed my things into her arms. "Come now sweetie. You look great. We need to leave." She rolled her eyes.

We carpooled in her A1 on the way to work.

Here I am, this is me, there's no where else on Earth I'd rather be. Here I am, it's just me and you, tonight we make our dreams come true ♪ ...

The Vice Pop Radio chirped the song. The song that reminded me of him. Of us. Of our childhood. Of all the good things.

It's a new world, it's a new start, it's alive with the beating of a young heart, it's a new day it's a new plan, I've been waiting for you. Here I Am ♪

... those Bryan Adams lyrics hammered me. Yes it's a new day and yes, I have a new plan, but where are you? A question that I will always want unanswered.

"Bailey? Bailey? Bailey!" Olivia shook me back into this dimension. I didn't realise I zoned out in the car thinking about all the what if's. I guess what has also made me feel a bit gloomy is the fact that I haven't heard much from Cole in a few days. Ace was almost non-existent. Cole texted me on Tuesday asking if I have settled in and if I'm comfortable. But after my positive feedback, he blue-ticked me. I wanted to engage more with him but part of me feels like I would never be worthy enough to be more than just a friend to him ... or Ace. My pregnancy, my past - it's all a baggage. All I should be focusing on now is staying healthy, studying and not losing my job.

Today went by quickly - a group of wealthy ladies all came in for a session together. I'm assuming they're the wives of the gang's biggest clients seeing that they all got 50% discount.

The leaves rattled outside as the sun was kissing the cotton-candy sky goodbye. A delivery truck pulled up right outside and two men walked in with a few large containers.

"Hi. I'm here to deliver the food for tonight. You look like a new face here." A short man said with a smile. I wasn't too sure what the process was so I had to scream for Olivia who went to the bathroom. She came back and wrote them a cheque and we carried the containers into the lounge area.

Clusters of men were arriving. Some armed, some dressed to mingle. And there he was - walking in tall and classy with his well fitted suit on. Everything about him was attractive - even his frown. I swear my face transformed into that heart-eye emoji. I fall for him every time. But I caught myself again when I saw her walking in behind him. She was definitely dressing to impress. But to impress who though? There weren't any Met Gala paparazzis here. Just a bunch of men who are all under the same command of her fiancé's father. Is she still trying to mark her territory?

The spa began to turn into a club - loud trap music was pumping the building and booze was popping. Random girls started to step foot into the party. Every time a car screeched outside the front, I peeked out to see if it was him. But my heart swell with disappointment very quickly because Cole was no where to be seen. Ace had also disappeared for a while now while his fiancée reunited with the other girls.

My head started to throb. The beats were piercing my ears and the cigarette smoke polluted my lungs. I needed to get away. I couldn't go home yet because Olivia is my ride. She's busy enjoying herself with her man and I obviously can't be that person who ends her fun. I looked at the time and it was still way too early. My notifications were empty. No unread text messages. And that's when the urge to text Cole pooped in.

Bailey: "Hey! The party has started. Are you on your way?"

Cole is typing ...

I stared blankly at my phone waiting for a response but Cole went offline after a few minutes without a reply. What is going on? Did I do something wrong? Was it me?

I decided to go upstairs and take a private tour of the spa. My heart sank into the ground knowing Cole is literally ignoring me. But it is what it is. I saw that one of the rooms at the end of the corridor were lit, so I started to walk suspiciously towards it. Did they forget to switch the light off? Or could someone be there?

_____________________________
Hope you enjoyed!

Jess x