Chapter 24: the way forward.

Bailey's Point of View:

There was still no progress of Cole's health situation. He's still in a coma and we are all waiting patiently for him to get up again.

Last night was a game changer, I spoke to Cole's father as Cole's girlfriend for the first time. I know I'm not officially his girlfriend yet but I'm claiming the throne. At first, his father was a bit hesitant towards me. But I felt that he had changed after he lost his ability to walk ... he was humbled. Ever since he was paralysed, he decided to take a step down from gang related matters. Ace is now head of the gang. He also told his father that he would never marry Kelly and he will bring someone home to make up for his father's dreams. His father didn't object - silence means agreement. But Ace has a soft heart after all - he felt like he owes Kelly something so he decided to compensate one of the spas to her and her family in Venus.

What about Cole and I? Well, my baby is due within a week. His father has been slightly thoughtful and caring towards me. After all, Ethan is still his son and I am birthing his child - so it kinda works out in the end, the baby is still born with Miu's blood. It's kinda weird how all of this unfolded. Cole and I are going to be raising Cole's half-brother's baby... and the baby is going to call Cole "dad". It is pretty fucked up if I had to think about it. But in this century, the possibilities are endless.

And Ethan? The men have been searching for him everywhere... some reported that he flew back to Venus to his mother but when they searched there, both of them had sold and moved out of their mansion. Mr Miu also revoked the business he succeeded to Eveleigh... surely Eveleigh could bring a case upon him for violating their contract but Mr Miu holds a more threatening card - Ethan's trespassing and injury caused towards him, towards Cole and definitely, towards the gang. Obviously, Ethan and his mother have no choice but to run. Uncle Nate has also disappeared like a phantom. It is more reasonable to believe that he probably plotted an escape with the two Hayes and decided to start a fresh happily ever after.

The security system at every warehouse, spa or whatever, has been completely re-engineered by Ace so that no stunt can be pulled on the Tigers again. Now that Ace has taken the throne of the gang, he has developed a greater sense of responsibility. It's almost like he has grown into a young Mr Miu - but a better version. He wants to cut some of the business they're doing because he sees the world in a different light. He plans on making the gang clean into a big corporate firm of some sort so that they could write off the drugs, illegal ammunition and trading.

I dropped out of University. I don't have a choice but to focus on baby Ashley and Cole. When things settle down, I'll reapply again and pay for my own tuition. But truth be told, I don't know how that will go - now that I'm part of the Miu's family business, I have to play my part. I owe the brothers too much - especially Cole. I didn't know love could mean so much, that it could mean more than your own life. The greatest life lesson that I have ever learnt is that love is a big surprise and love is definitely not a burden. You should never have to feel like you are difficult to love, you should always feel like you deserve to be loved.

_____________________________
The next chapter is the final chapter. I really hope you enjoyed reading my first story. Please don't forget to add it to your library and share it with your friends!

Jess x