Chapter 22: her first shot.

Third Person's Point of View:

As Ethan fired at Bailey, she became ice cold and froze like a snowman. Her life flashed right before her. This was it. Her 19 years, her unborn baby, her destiny ... done.

At that moment, Bailey couldn't even hear anything. She went into a mode of panic ... of shock where her surroundings were paused. She was ready to take the bullet to end her misery in this world. At least her baby won't be born into this dark, ruthless space. The truth is, the world we're living in now is worse than the city of Gotham - it's so much more complicated and wicked.

As the bullet propelled towards Bailey's 5'2 body, her body was forcefully pushed to the side and the anatomy of a 5'10 male stood right in front of the bullet. The bullet pierced right through the chest - the left side to be very specific. It went right through the front and bursted out right at the back with an explosion of red blood cells.

"COLE!" Bailey screamed. He took a bullet for her. He saved her. At that moment, she knew he would even catch a grenade for her.

Bailey rushed towards Cole... he was on the floor, flat like a snow angel, cold like a corpse. The tears in Bailey's eyes puddled and began to drip like a waterfall. She kept screaming for Cole to not fall asleep.

Ace witnessed what had just happened to his little brother (who suddenly transformed into his second youngest brother). He pulled his trigger and kept firing shots at Ethan, Uncle Nate and the random. It didn't do enough fatal damage as they were all wearing bullet proof vests.

Bailey finally took the courage to utilise her pistol. She pulled her first trigger. At that moment, the three evil musketeers were so distracted by Ace's firing they weren't aware of Bailey's comeback.

She shot once. She shot twice. She killed one. She probably killed two.

Uncle Nate collapsed. Seems like he was fatally wounded. The random was shot right in the head. A perfect centred headshot.

Ethan looked at his companions that had collapsed and realised they were no longer an asset to him. So he turned around and dashed down the stairs like a prey running from its predator. He then proceeded to shout "ABORT!" so that his minions would leave the site at once.

Bailey and Ace didn't bother chasing after him... they knew they needed to take care of Cole first. Ace called for his father but the call couldn't get through. Shit, was his father alright?

Ace dialled for Kai while Bailey was still shouting for Cole to wake up. She kept repeating "Cole. Don't go. I need you. Please. I love you." Her warm tears dripped onto his face - he didn't even react. She kept holding his cheeks, ones that were once so flushed with youth but now dull like the dead. It was only a matter of a few seconds before Cole closed his eyes shut. He. Was. Out.

"Kai? Hello? Are you there?" Ace said with fear.

"Yes Ace. What's up. I managed to get your father to safety after he got shot. Where are you guys? Are you alright?" Kai asked.

"Cole is shot in the chest. He's out like a light. We need you to get help now. Are the intruders still here?" Ace needed to make sure it was safe enough to carry Cole outside ... and also safe enough for him and Bailey to get help.

"They have seemed to left. I just don't know if there are detonators of some sort outside. It's like a no-man's-land. How serious is Cole's wound? I'm on my way with the others and Olivia. We called for two ambulances and they should arrive in two. But you need to get Cole downstairs ASAP... hopefully there won't be any bombs or some shit." Kai managed.

The rest of the Tigers were chasing after the guys who had drove off. Some of the Tigers were injured, some were still full of stamina to fight. They were prepared to hunt them down.

Ace and Bailey were so distracted with Cole, they didn't realise that Uncle Nate had escaped. Where did he go? But that's a concern for another time. Cole comes first now.

Ace had finally carried his brother downstairs - just in time for the ambulance to arrive. Apparently there weren't any traps set outside so it was safe for them to leave.

Bailey held Cole's hand with both her tiny hands so tightly in the ambulance. She kept giving him kisses. In the other ambulance, Mr Miu was being taken care of. It seems like he was shot in the back, somewhere close to his spine.

It was not long until the ambulance had finally arrived at the hospital. Cole was out cold. He didn't wake up since.

They rushed both the Miu's to the ICU and needed to immediately begin their operation.

Ace's shirt was stained with Cole's blood, he couldn't stay and wait in the hospital anymore. He needed to get himself cleaned so he quickly left and went home. He will be back ASAP.

Bailey sat outside the emergency operation ward. She was never a religious person but she held her hands together and began to "pray". She didn't know how. All she said was "Please, the One above, please don't take him away like this. I need him. We all need him."

Kai and the rest of the boys were all waiting outside. Olivia was holding Bailey tightly in her arms, hopefully providing the comfort she may need. She could see Bailey was worried as fuck.

In the ward next door, Mr Miu was also undergoing an operation. However, the doctor came out with good news and bad news. Mr Miu had survived the fatal shot but, there would be an 80% chance that he wouldn't be able to walk again. He was injured in the spine. The nerves were also damaged. His bed was pushed to his private ICU room shortly after.

There was still no indication of Cole's situation. The light that displayed "Operation in Progress" was still lit. Everyone prays he survives this. The chances were slim, considering he got shot in the chest, close to his already-fragile heart.

Ace came back freshened up. He told the rest he had ordered some bodyguards to keep everyone at the hospital safe. He also got hold with the gang to see if Ethan or Uncle Nate could be tracked down. However, there was no sign of them.

A few painful hours had gone by and Cole's operation was still in progress. Bailey's swollen eyes couldn't stop itself from crying. Dark thoughts clouded her mind ... she thought this was all her fault. She hates herself. She hates herself more than she hates Ethan.

Ace didn't know what to say. He could see his brother was in love with Bailey. He could see she loved him too. But it was too late for everything. Ace felt guilty for jumping the line and selfishly confessing to Bailey - he knew he wouldn't be able to love her as much as his brother could... he wasn't the one to take the bullet for her... but it was too late.

______________________________
The book is coming to an end soon. I really hope you enjoyed it. Please don't forget to give it a star if you had fun. Would love some commentary. Oh and btw, don't forget to share with your friends and add it to your reading list! Thank you everyone for the support.

Jess x