Chapter 17: hey brother.

Bailey's Point of View:

"Ethan. What are you doing here?!" I did not want to see him. A lump grew in my throat.

"Bailey. Where the fuck you been? Who is this cunt you are with? Don't lie to me." Ethan exclaimed.

"It's none of your business Ethan. You're out of my life." I asserted, piercing my dark brown eyes into his.

"You watch yourself young man. Stay away from her and you can have an easy life." Cole pushed in. He looked threatening and very overprotective.

"And who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me like that, Cole?" Ethan chuckled and unleashed an evil smirk across his face.

Cole grew hot. "How do you know my name? Who the fuck are you?" A fire sparked inside him.

"Stop it! Cole, let's go. Ethan, what's done has been done. You can't take it back. Goodbye." I turned around, grabbed Cole's hand and dragged him to the car.

"THAT BABY IS MINE BAILEY. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE. BROTHER, I'M TALKING TO YOU TOO. SEE YOU SOON." Ethan squawked from behind.

Wait? Brother? Did I hear correctly? Did he say brother. I didn't turn back to look at him and ask what he said. I wasn't going to feed him the attention he starved for.

We got into the car and drove off. Silence contaminated the car.

Brother? Why would he call Cole brother? And how did he find me? How did he know Cole's name? Ethan is not this smart to figure all this out by himself. Someone must've helped him. Maybe his connection. I need to tell Cole.

"Cole, we need to talk." I said nervously as I looked to him while he was emotionlessly driving.

"We probably have the same thoughts in mind right now. I know you heard what I heard." Cole took a glimpse of me from the corner of his eye while he was still accelerating focus on what's ahead of him.

"I don't know how he knows who you are. I don't know why he called you brother. I don't know where he traced me from." My voice cracked. I was worried, I felt burdensome. I brought my mess not only onto Cole, but possibly his gang.

"We will have to look into this. Text Olivia that we have to arrange an urgent meeting. Then call Ace and ask him to meet us at Olivia's. I will call my cousin Kai to be present too. We need to figure out what is up." Cole switched to his professional mode and spoke like I was a client he was organising deals with. His confidence glowed and made him beyond sexy. God, he's cute.

"Will do so now. It's just, I don't know if you know this but have you read your gang's Wikipedia page?" I asked.

Cole puzzled up. "Wikipedia page? We have one? What does that have to do with anything Bailey?" He was more confused than I was.

"Yes Cole. I researched Black Tigers at the beginning. It has some information about the founder and its establishments. But I stumbled across something abnormal... I wasn't bothered the first time because I didn't know enough. But when it crossed my road the second time, I was sure something didn't add up." I tried explaining as much as I could.

"Uh-huh. And what is this concern?"

"It said something like J Miu. is succeeded by three sons or something. That's what I found questionable because I only know of you and Ace who are brothers." I looked at Cole, he was biting his bottom lip and 10ft deep into thought.

"Three sons? That sounds like a typical typo. I only ever grew up with Alex. My mother only ever gave birth to us." He reassured.

"Maybe it was just merely a typo. Maybe I am overthinking. I mean, Wikipedia's credibility hasn't always been of an honours student. Plus, everyone knows that anyone can edit the page. We are always warned of the dangers about that search engine anyway." I added.

"Anyway, let Olivia and Ace know." Cole gently demanded.

"Yes boss." I teased. It was a ironically a little thrilling.

———————————————————————
Ace's Point of View:

*ding*

Hey Ace! X
There's something that happened.
Cole and I need to desperately meet you at Olivia's ASAP. Please make it. See you there.

Cole and Bailey are together? Does that mean they spoke and I'm out of the game? Does that mean they figured a way to be together? I guess the only way I can find out is by going to this thing.

Hey you!
See you in 20,
Ace X

If they're together, then I guess it's what fate tossed a coin on. I understand why she will want to choose my brother over me. Like Bebe Rexha sang... I'm a mess, I'm a loser.

I wish I could have done more than just taken her for dinner to a place where I had to pay out the entire restaurant for. We couldn't be seen together for obvious reasons. Maybe that chased her away. Maybe she is weighed down by all my baggage. Not to mention that Kelly is also getting suspicious of every movement I make. Especially because I'm brushing her off every night. I haven't touched her in over a month. She is however a persistent, seductive fighter. I must give her that. But I don't want to submit.

I am a hopeless romantic. I believe that life is more about love than success. I don't care if I get disowned. As long as I am with the love of my life, I am quenched.

I wonder how Lila is doing. She is still on my mind. I don't think I haven't gotten over her - well I hope. Being forced to terminate your love for someone? That shit should be forbidden.

I got into my car and began zooming my way to Olivia's. If Bailey and Cole really make a confession, I will back off and let them be. I am too dead to go through all of this trouble relating to love. I am a misguided, dead Romeo.

I still see your shadows in my room,
can't take back the love that I gave you; it's to the point where I love and I hate you ... and I cannot change you so I must replace you (oh), easier said than done, I thought you were the one, listening to my heart instead of my head ...

I sang with Juice Wrld. For some, the song might be about actual lucid dreaming. For others, it might be a figure of speech of missing someone. But for me, it's my testimony. I could feel every line echoed the way I felt. I feel as if each lyric took a picture of my feelings and expressed them into words.

I was almost by Olivia's. Have you ever thought so much your brain starts to hurt? Yes? Hi. Welcome to the club.

*ding*
You have one unread message from a hidden number.

hey brother 🤡

____________________________
Are you still enjoying the story?
Please leave comments! Thank you!

Jess x