Chapter 13: secrets and lies.

Ethan's Point of View:

Dialling Uncle Nate ...

"Hello?" Uncle Nate finally picked up. I needed to talk to him. Urgently. I know no one from this city and he knows everyone. He can help me.

"Hey Uncle Nate. I need your help." I begged. I have never felt so useless in my life - to lose the girl I swore to be true to in good and bad times. But I failed ... to someone I don't know.

"What's going on Ethan? I saw your text earlier. Care to elaborate?" He asked. If only Uncle Nate could've really fathered me - I swear my life wouldn't have been so rotten.

"Bailey is missing. She's with some guy. I was drunk that night and we fought. Things escalated but some guy came and threatened me. He had a gun. I was drunk but all I could remember was that he looked asian-ish." I tried to explain everything to the best of my ability - I honestly couldn't remember.

"Ethan. Asian-ish looking? Are you certain of this?" Uncle Nate asked suspiciously.

"Yes. He was around my height. 5'11ish. But I honestly don't recall any other details." I replied with great certainty. All I can remember was that cunt was standing right in front of me and he fucking bitch knocked me the fuck out. Lol. Nate doesn't need to know that.

"Okay I will get back to you if I figure something out. In the meantime just take care of yourself and don't get into more trouble Ethan. Vice City is not Venus. Do you hear me?" Uncle Nate has never been this stern with me. I'm actually confused. I thought he'd be more open about what's going on.

"Okay thanks. Will do."

——————————————————————
Uncle Nate's Point of View:

Shit. It can't be... it honestly can't be. I know there's a new Bailey working for the master but could it be Ethan's Bailey? I have never seen either of them so I can't confirm. But what if it's his Bailey? Which side do I even take? Everything is going to blow. 22 years of secrets. 22 years of lies. It will all go to waste when the truth comes out. Eveleigh is going to kill me. Everything is going to go down. Only Tiger's have that asian-ish look in this city. They're the only gang here with such genes.

*bzz bzz*

Hey Nate. Did Ethan give you a call? Something seems off...
Eve x

Honestly, I need to be wise about this. I need to think like a scientist exactly about what I'm going to do. I'm stuck in the middle. I've been with Tiger's for over 30 years. They're my source of life. Without them, I'm nothing. But Eveleigh has also been my best friend for decades. I love her and I swore that I'd keep her and her secret safe.

I will get back to you. I'm sure everything will be. - N

Maybe I should call one of the boys who has work by the spa. See if he knows anything about Bailey. Run a background check on her or something.

Dialling Kai ...

"Yes boss?" Kai answered.

"I need you to do something for me. Don't tell anyone about this or both you and Olivia will be crushed in my palms." This is crucial. He needs to make sure he doesn't leak anything. Not a single word.

"Yes boss."

"What do you know about that new girl, Bailey? I need you to run a background check for me." I pray it's not the same girl. Because shit will go down if it is and a war will be declared.

"C previously ran a background check already. I know she's pregnant. Currently 19. She's the new receptionist. Oh and she recently moved from Venus. Her status is married but she seems to be alone, so I'm assuming something went wrong there. The brothers are both very protective over her. Oh yes, she studies at a University. But that's about all I know." Kai responded.

Moved from Venus? Pregnant? Brothers protective over her? Fuck fuck fuck. No no no. This is bad. This is real bad. If she's 100% Ethan's Bailey then this shit real bad. Fuck. Nothing ever worries me. Nothing ever makes my heart ache. But this? It's a first. How do I sort this mess out. Ethan can't know about any of this. Neither can his father.

——————————————————————
Bailey's Point Of View:

I am happy. I am content. But I am confused.  Winter is approaching and the icy wind breathed into my plumpy lips. I'm busy waiting for the evening bus to arrive after my class. I wasn't even focused in that class at all. It's very unlike me. But all that bubbled my mind was Ace and Cole. Why would Ace risk everything for me? It's been a few weeks since he confessed at the hospital. We've been seeing each other undercover for a few times now. He's so attractive. He's so bloody hot. He's picture perfect. But my heart feels less attracted to him. Not his looks. Just him. Him as a person in its entirety. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that he's cheating on Kelly with me now. I'm assuming my instincts are rejecting this. But I'm just going with it.

Cole has been distant. He's still great though. Checking up on me with a "hey. you good?" every now and then. I haven't seen him since that night at the hospital. I miss him. I tried making lunch plans but he said he's unavailable. I asked Ace what he could be doing but Ace also bluntly responded. I don't know what's going on. But I miss Cole. He was so ... so genuine. He was the one who saved me. From all the hurt, all the abuse. I just feel awkward now - being with his brother and all. I'm such a bitch. I need to do something about this.

*bzz bzz*

Hey! Have you eaten? I'm going to be by Olivia soon. Let's grab dinner.

Omg it was C. He finally responded. Yes. Let's grab dinner.

I took a bus and got back to Olivia's. C was casually lounging on the couch. My heart was warm ... it was also aching on the contrast. You know, that feeling of happiness and pain at the same time?

"Hey Bailey. You ready?" C greeted me with that genuine, sweet smile of his.

"Yes. Tonight is on me." I chuckled. I finally got paid. I couldn't spend any more of his money.

"No no. I appreciate your offering but a man should always pay. Besides, you need to start saving for the one in your tum." C always thought further than necessary. He always took care of everything with so much passion.

We went to our favourite Japanese restaurant - the one where we met, sat down and ordered the same platter for two with some extras on the side. While we were waiting for our much anticipated meal - C suddenly started to frown. "Look I have something to tell you. But please don't get anxious." He said.

Don't get anxious? How can I not? Especially when you tell me exactly not to. "What is it?" I didn't waste my time. I need to know now!

"Kai said Uncle Nate asked him about you. Uncle Nate is one of my father's most loyal and trustworthy guys. He only gets business done but never really gets into other people's business. So it seems very suspicious and strange for him to randomly ask Kai about you. Especially since you've never met." He further elaborated.

I began to bite my nails.

"But I'm assuming it was under the command of my father. Maybe he knows about you and .. my brother. That's my closest bet. But don't worry. We'll sort this out. I will let Alex know too." C sounded reassuring that everything will be fine - and that managed to calm me and regenerate my appetite.

Dinner was divine, as always. I got home and took a citrus bath but I'm still paranoid about what C informed me about. Maybe I should do some research again. On Tiger's. I reopened the Wikipedia page.

Black Tigers is the biggest and most well established gang (triad) in Vice City, founded by A. Miu in 1910. They are the biggest traders in multiple industries incl. illegal substance; ammunition; property and other  activities listed below. The master today is J. Miu who is succeeded by 3 sons. Black Tigers has alliances everywhere in the world - they are always among us.

This was exactly the same extract I read the first time. Wait. 3 sons. 3 sons??? Ace and Cole have a brother? How come I don't know about this? Who is he?

_____________________________
;)

- Jess x